Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- More on CM Punk: According to Dave Meltzer, a major TV network wanted him to host a reality show, although the timing for as much isn't totally clear.
- Regarding Steve Austin, he remarked on another podcast recently that he still isn't ruling out a comeback but the recent rumors suggesting it's coming sooner rather than later are off base, especially based on his initial "training for a comeback" comment, which was about Gold's Gym.
- The word going around is that SmackDown will, in fact, be moving to Thursday nights early next year. The reason for the delay, apparently, was that WWE and SyFy wanted to avoid starting during football season so they could get have Thursdays for eight months without it before it comes back again.
- Fight Network reported recently that Alberto Del Rio and WWE are close to settling the lawsuit Del Rio filed against the company after he was fired over his non-compete clause.
- Adam Rose's defeat on SmackDown last night was a long time coming and apparently in the works for a while. He could be getting phased out soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.