After months of teasing as much with vague tweets and various reports from dirt sheets on how unhappy WWE was with the oft injured Mark Henry, the big man showed up on an episode of Monday Night Raw one evening to deliver the news that he would be retiring from professional wrestling.
And he did so wearing the greatest salmon blazer in history.
"The World's Strongest Man" delivered a heartfelt speech that tugged at all our heartstrings. He told his little girls that he missed them and that "daddy's coming home". John Cena, who had stuck around to witness all of this, gave him the WWE title to hoist one final time and raised his hand.
Then, they hugged.
Then, the swerve.
Yeah, that's the "Segment of the Year" right there, folks.
Here are the full results of our poll:
- Mark Henry's fake retirement (75 votes)
- Dolph Ziggler cashing in Money in the Bank (49 votes)
- Championship Ascension Ceremony (38 votes)
- CM Punk and The Rock trade barbs (17 votes)
- AJ Lee's pipebomb shell (14 votes)
- Paul Bearer Heyman; Punk dumps ashes on Undertaker (9 votes)
- The Shield interrupt Undertaker (5 votes)