Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The next chapter in the Rhodes Family/McMahon Family feud is expected to begin tonight on Raw. Stephanie McMahon invited Dusty Rhodes to appear on Raw for a "business proposal." Dusty's sons, Cody and Dustin (Goldust,) have lost in recent weeks in matches set up at by Triple H and his "best for business" policy, with Cody having been fired as a result. Check out the Twitter exchange below:
"@WWEDustyRhodes: I am not beyond discussing "business"...I will see you in Cleveland @StephMcMahon #RAW" Looking forward to it.— Stephanie McMahon (@StephMcMahon) September 15, 2013
- And what might that "business proposal" be? Well, rumors have cooled on this front in recent weeks, but they are stirring once again that a War Games style match at next month's Battleground pay per view may end up taking place between members of the Rhodes family and their allies against the members of the McMahon/Triple H family. One of the reasons why the War Games style match may be making a return is the strong sales figures of the War Games DVD that WWE released a few months ago.
- Speaking of Twitter exchanges, John Cena posted a series of tweets denying rumors that he would be returning to promote Breast Cancer Awareness month in October for WWE.
- TNA's Austin Aries recently gave an interview and, in addition to covering the usual wrestling interview topics, talked about nearly retiring in 2011. He said that he didn't believe he was getting back what he was putting into the business and stopped taking bookings. After a while, he got a call from TNA asking him to join the X-Division and decided to accept.
- Ken Anderson's match with Bully Ray this past Thursday may have been his last match in TNA. His contract is set to expire by the end of this month and the two sides have not made any progress on a new deal. As with all things TNA of late, it will come down to the money. TNA is trying to get younger and cheaper, and Mr. Anderson is neither of those things (by TNA standards anyway.)
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.