Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The long rumored Undertaker/Kane vs. the Shield match at SummerSlam is believed to be in doubt at the moment, and alternate plans are being made. Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30 is still on the docket, as the backup plan should a Rock/Lesnar match not come together.
- Rob Van Dam's official schedule is starting to come together based on the advertising for upcoming events, and it looks like he is going to be a busy man for the rest of the summer. RVD is scheduled to work each Raw and Smackdown taping for the rest of July in addition to working the Smackdown branded house shows. It is believed that RVD's part-time contract runs at least through SummerSlam.
- Dolph Ziggler went into detail in a recent interview about just how bad the concussion he suffered at the
handsfoot of Jack Swagger was. The retrograde amnesia (forgetting time from before the injury) caused him to lose two full days of memory, and he complained of having headaches for two straight weeks after the incident. In total, he was out of action for five weeks.
- Rumors were rampant yesterday that former WWE superstar Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP) was close to signing a deal with TNA. MVP took to Twitter to feverishly deny these rumors. MVP did, however, announce that he had signed a deal with Lionsgate to produce a TV show. The show is believed to be about life in prison based on his own experiences.
- In an update to the news that TNA has been paying employees late, it is not just the wrestling talent that has been receiving late payments, but nearly everyone in every part of the company. This obviously does not bode well for the company when coupled with the recent slew of releases and news that TNA is flying fewer employees in to every event.
- Ring of Honor original Brian Kendrick will be returning to the promotion in August. He will be part of the tournament to crown the new Ring of Honor World Champion.
- In other Ring of Honor news, the contracts of Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are set to expire on August 1. Both have been recommended to WWE by Sean Waltman and WWE is said to be interested.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.