Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- You may have read that the Wyatt's are being set up for a six-man tag team match at SummerSlam. Another angle being looked at for SummerSlam is Dolph Ziggler's break up with AJ Lee and Big E Langston. WWE is trying to book Ziggler more like a true babyface, rather than the odd tweener-style booking he has been receiving of late. A good feud and match with Big E on WWE's second biggest stage of the year would help solidify both men in their expected roles.
- Speaking of Punk, he has been added to some additional SmackDown branded shows. WWE has had difficulty with attendance at SmackDown tapings and house shows, and with Punk's primary feud for the rest of the summer being Brock Lesnar who will only work a limited schedule, it frees Punk up to work some of the other shows to boost attendance.
- Kane is now "doubtful" to participate in the "red" Money in the Bank match on Sunday (July 14) according to WWE.com. Though there are a few rumors suggesting that everyone ranging from Bray Wyatt to a returning Big Show could take his place in the match, it is believed that if Kane isn't in the match, it will go on with just six participants.
- The tournament to decide the new Ring of Honor world champion continues to grow. Jay Lethal and Tommaso Ciampa have now joined the group of Paul London, Kevin Steen, Karl Anderson, Brian Kendrick, Michael Elgin, Roderick Strong, Adam Cole, BJ Whitmer, and Sonjay Dutt.
- As Keith Harris noted recently, Stone Cold Steve Austin is open to working WrestleMania XXX but continues to maintain that all the pieces of the puzzle would have to fit together just right and getting that to happen would be a monster headache. With CM Punk rumored to win the Royal Rumble, it looks like this is just another rumor that will keep getting floated around and never come to fruition.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.