Hello, Cagesiders! Welcome to the Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling once again!
What happened over the last fortnight? Find out below, Cagesiders.
Raw (June 10th)
- Curtis Axel defeated Triple H by disqualification when Vince McMahon almost immediately came out and disqualified his son-in-law for no reason whatsoever. HHH used his power to restart the match. Vince then awarded the victory to Axel again via forfeit. Hunter then announced a 60 minute Iron Man rematch, but Vince told Axel to leave the ring as he had already won twice and he himself then took the ring bell to the back with him, leaving Triple H fuming.
- Hunter had an argument with his wife Stephanie and told her that she needed to talk to her father Vince.
- Dean Ambrose defeated Kane by disqualification when Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns interfered. Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton then saved Kane from the three on one attack.
- Inevitably, this led to a squabble between the argumentative babyface trio. Vickie Guerrero then booked Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns and Kane vs. Dean Ambrose for Payback.
- The Miz submitted Cody Rhodes with the Figure Four leglock. Before guest commentator Wade Barrett could attack Miz after the match, Paul Heyman announced that Vickie Guerrero had given him permission to put Curtis Axel into their IC Title match at Payback.
- Vince McMahon was upset at Hunter and Steph's tiff earlier and told his daughter to keep his son-in-law away from him for his own good.
- Chris Jericho pinned Big E Langston with the Codebreaker when Langston was distracted by Alberto Del Rio attacking Dolph Ziggler at ringside.
- Antonio Cesaro pinned Sin Cara with the Neutralizer.
- Vince McMahon was upset with Vickie Guerrero for booking a face-to-face showdown between John Cena and Ryback later in the show, fearing it could jeopardise the pay-per-view main event if they started fighting. Brad Maddox came up with the solution of having all the lumberjacks come out too to stop that from happening.
- Roman Reigns went to a no-contest with Randy Orton when both Seth Rollins and Daniel Bryan interfered.
- Daniel Bryan pinned Seth Rollins with a roll up.
- Big E Langston was initially revealed as Kaitlyn's secret admirer, but he dropped her after dipping her. AJ Lee then came out to reveal that she was behind the whole ruse, before Kaitlyn got a little bit of revenge by attacking her.
- Damien Sandow pinned R-Truth with the Silencer.
- Stephanie McMahon demanded that her husband and father sort things out. Vince gave Hunter the match with Curtis Axel next week, but he now didn't want it, given that it was his father-in-law's idea.
- The face-to-face confrontation between John Cena and Ryback inevitably ended in a pull-apart brawl with the lumberjacks trying to hold them back.
NXT (June 12th)
- Antonio Cesaro pinned Sami Zayn with the Neutralizer.
- Scott Dawson & Garrett Dylan defeated Baron Corbin & Travis Tyler when Dylan pinned Corbin after the rednecks hit their double team finisher Southern Pride.
- In a pre-tape, Corey Graves confronted Adrian Neville, demanding to know why he has a match against Bray Wyatt next week rather than him. This led to Kassius Ohno barging in to ask the exact same question. William Regal suggested that the three babyfaces needed to work together to overcome the numbers advantage that the Wyatt Family have. Consequently Corey and Kassius begrudgingly agreed to corner Adrian next week.
- Alicia Fox pinned Bayley with a scissors kick.
- Bray Wyatt threatened William Regal in a promo and declared war on NXT before the Family leaves for the WWE big leagues.
- Bo Dallas pinned Big E Langston with his finisher to become the new NXT Champion.
Main Event (June 12th)
- The Miz submitted Cody Rhodes with the figure four leglock. After the match, Miz had a stare down with Wade Barrett.
- Damien Sandow pinned Sin Cara with the Silencer.
- The Usos defeated Tons Of Funk when Jey Uso pinned Brodus Clay with the Superfly Splash.
Superstars (June 13th)
- Titus O'Neil pinned Tensai when Darren Young pinned Sweet T off the top rope.
- Heath Slater pinned Zack Ryder with the Smash Hit.
Smackdown (June 14th)
- Daniel Bryan told Kane that he wouldn't be teaming with him anymore after Payback, as he was forming Team RK-No with Randy Orton and they'd win the WWE tag team titles from The Shield's Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns on the show, which led to an argument between the two and Kane grabbing his partner by the throat. Orton then came out to attempt to diffuse the situation, but he soon lost his cool with Bryan too. The Shield then interrupted them on the Titan Tron to gloat about their superiority.
- Sheamus pinned Antonio Cesaro with the Brogue Kick.
- Heath Slater pinned The Great Khali with a DDT after Khali had been distracted by Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal.
- Alberto Del Rio & Chris Jericho defeated Big E Langston & Dolph Ziggler when Del Rio pinned Ziggler with an inside cradle.
- Kaitlyn went to a no-contest with Aksana when Kaitlyn slapped the referee and Aksana ran away.
- Curtis Axel pinned Wade Barrett with a spinning neckbreaker after Barrett had been distracted by The Miz. After the match, The Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale on Axel.
- Randy Orton, Kane & Daniel Bryan defeated The Shield when Bryan submitted Seth Rollins with the No Lock.
Raw (June 17th)
- Alberto Del Rio started the show by gloating about defeating Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight title at Payback. CM Punk with Paul Heyman interrupted. Punk was upset at Del Rio calling himself the best. Heyman interjected, annoying Punk, and tried to negotiate a title match, but Punk wasn't interested in the belt. Team Brickie then came out to book Punk vs. Del Rio in a non-title match as the main event of the night.
- CM Punk told Paul Heyman that he isn't his client and didn't want him at ringside anymore, but would always be one of his guys.
- Christian pinned Wade Barrett with the Kill Switch.
- In a handicap match, The Rhodes Scholars defeated Sheamus when Sandow pinned Sheamus with a roll up. After the match, Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick on Cody Rhodes.
- Kane wanted to reform Team Hell No, but Daniel Bryan wasn't keen on the idea.
- In a No DQ match, Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan in an unplanned doctor stoppage when Bryan suffered a stinger in a bout he was scheduled to win.
- AJ Lee issued an open challenge to any woman in the back who thought they can take her. Surprisingly, Stephanie McMahon answered it and laid down her authority. When Kaitlyn and the other Divas came out, Steph told them off for interrupting her. Kaitlyn then tried to attack AJ, but Big E Langston pulled her out of the ring and carried her to safety.
- In a United States Championship Match, Kane defeated Dean Ambrose by disqualification when Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns interfered. After the match, The Shield beat down Kane.
- Team Brickie confronted The Shield for their actions and Vickie Guerrero wanted to fire them when Dean Ambrose chastised her, but Vince McMahon then entered the room, put the trio over and congratulated them for taking out Kane who he had never liked.
- Antonio Cesaro (with Zeb Colter) pinned William Regal with the Neutralizer.
- Mark Henry interrupted a meaningless John Cena promo and teased retiring, but after hugging Cena, The World's Strongest Man turned on him by laying him out with The World's Strongest Slam. It was a swerve all along!
- Chris Jericho pinned Heath Slater with the Codebreaker.
- Curtis Axel pinned Sin Cara with a guillotine DDT.
- Vince McMahon wanted to know what Team Brickie was going to do about John Cena and Mark Henry. They wanted to book a match between the two of them for Money In The Bank. Triple H then put his two pennies worth in, upset at Vickie Guerrero for her failure to punish The Shield. Stephanie McMahon then told Vickie that she shouldn't listen to them, but her instead.
- Paul Heyman gave Punk a big hug while wishing him luck and calling him the best in the world.
- CM Punk defeated Alberto Del Rio by count-out due to Dolph Ziggler attacking Del Rio on the outside. After the match, Brock Lesnar came out, stared down Punk and laid him out with the F5.
NXT (June 19th)
- Adrian Neville went to a no-contest with Bray Wyatt when Luke Harper interfered. After the match, Kassius Ohno and Corey Graves saved Neville from a group attack and NXT Commissioner Dusty Rhodes booked a six man tag between The Wyatt Family and the trio of babyfaces for the night's main event.
- Sami Zayn pinned Angelo Dawkins with a springboard tornado DDT.
- Summer Rae pinned Sasha Banks with the Summer's End.
- Xavier Woods pinned Jake Carter with the Lost in the Woods.
- Sami Zayn wanted a rubber match with Antonio Cesaro.
- Dusty Rhodes made a number one contender's match for the NXT tag team titles between Scott Dawson & Garrett Dylan and Kassius Ohno & Corey Graves for next week's show.
- Bo Dallas was featured in a Tout-like video of him in his car, apologizing to the "Bo-lievers" for being too busy with interviews and press to be on tonight's show. He also showed us a picture from his promised championship celebration trip to Disney World. Then he sang "Don't Stop Bo-lieving".
- The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan) defeated Corey Graves, Adrian Neville & Kassius Ohno when Wyatt pinned Neville after Neville missed his corkscrew shooting star press on Wyatt thanks to Harper moving him out of the way.
Main Event (June 19th)
- The Shield defeated The Usos & Justin Gabriel when Dean Ambrose pinned Gabriel.
- Antonio Cesaro (with Zeb Colter) pinned Sin Cara with the Neutralizer.
- Kaitlyn pinned Aksana with the spear.
Superstars (June 20th)
- R-Truth pinned Darren Young with the Lie Detector.
- Layla & Natalya defeated The Funkadactyls (Cameron & Naomi) when Layla pinned Cameron with a head kick.
Smackdown (June 21st)
- Daniel Bryan claimed that the company stopped his match with Randy Orton because they too think that he's the weak link and not tough enough and complained about Orton showing him pity. Orton was fed up of his whining and challenged him to another match where he vowed that he would need to be carried out afterwards.
- Sheamus submitted Cody Rhodes with the Texas Cloverleaf. After the match, Damien Sandow attacked Sheamus and left him laying.
- In an Intercontinental title match, Curtis Axel pinned Wade Barrett with the spinning neck-breaker. After the match, The Miz confronted Axel, but Paul Heyman stopped his protégé from getting into a fight with Miz.
- AJ Lee submitted Natalya with the Black Widow.
- Backstage, Aksana called Kaitlyn trash. Kaitlyn responded by dumping her into a bunch of trash.
- Alberto Del Rio defeated Chris Jericho by disqualification when Dolph Ziggler attacked Del Rio. After the match, Jericho hit Ziggler with the Codebreaker and then Del Rio took advantage by kicking Ziggler in the head for good measure.
- Christian pinned Drew McIntyre with the Kill Switch. After the match, The Shield laid Christian out with the triple powerbomb.
- Paul Heyman weaselled out of discussing his involvement in Brock Lesnar's attack of CM Punk on Raw.
- Daniel Bryan defeated Randy Orton by count-out when he hit a suicide dive on Orton. Unhappy with the inconclusive manner of his victory, Bryan demanded the referee to restart the match, but he didn't get his wish.
Impact Wrestling (June 13th)
- Hulk Hogan announced that the past two winners of the Bound For Glory Series, Jeff Hardy and Bobby Roode, would be in this year's tournament, who came out to cut a duelling promo. Bully Ray then complained about no-one from Aces & 8s being in the series, so Hogan booked a battle royal for a spot. The segment ended with Aces & 8s being run off by Hardy and Roode, which left Hardy open to a quick sneak attack by Roode.
- In a Bound For Glory Series qualifying match, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian defeated James Storm & Gunner when Kazarian pinned Storm after Daniels hit the beer drinking cowboy with a belt shot.
- In a Bound For Glory Series qualifying match, Joseph Park pinned the returning Crimson with a roll up.
- Velvet Sky had a letter for Mickie James. It contained Sky's doctor's clearance to return to the ring. Mickie complained that it could be fake and was dated yesterday. She then claimed that as far as today Sky's knee is still hurt before re-injuring the limb with a vicious assault.
- In a four way Bound For Glory Series qualifying match, Magnus defeated Matt Morgan, Rob Terry and Kenny King when Magnus pinned King with a cradle driver.
- Sting announced that he was forming a new Main Event Mafia to combat Aces & 8s.
- In a Bound For Glory Series qualifying match, Austin Aries pinned Eric Young with a brainbuster.
- Bully Ray was pressuring Doc to lose the battle royal so that the man he handpicked to win Mr. Anderson would have no opposition and Aces & 8s wouldn't fight amongst themselves.
- In a Bound For Glory Series qualifying battle royal, Mr. Anderson defeated the rest of Aces & 8s, last eliminating Doc, the only guy who refused to take the dive.
- Backstage, Kurt Angle and Rampage Jackson settled their issues from last week.
- Doc said he would take out AJ Styles to make up for not following orders when Bully Ray got on his case.
- In a Bound For Glory Series qualifying match, AJ Styles pinned Kurt Angle when Doc, Mr. Anderson and Mike Knox's interference backfired. After the match, AJ quickly bailed, leaving Angle to be attacked by the Aces & 8s guys, but Rampage Jackson made the save with a chain.
Impact Wrestling (June 20th)
- Jeff Hardy won a fan vote between him and Bobby Roode to allow him to choose someone to call out on the episode's Open Fight Night. Both Austin Aries and Christopher Daniels wanted Hardy to choose them, but he picked Roode instead, which led to a big brawl breaking out between the four.
- In a Bound For Glory Series match, Mr. Anderson pinned Joseph Park with the Mic Check after Doc interfered.
- In a Bound For Glory Series match, Austin Aries pinned Jay Bradley with the brainbuster.
- In a Bound For Glory Series match, Christopher Daniels pinned Hernandez with a low blow followed by a cradle.
- In a Bound For Glory Series match, Magnus submitted Kazarian with the Texas Cloverleaf.
- Bully Ray wanted to talk to Brooke Hogan, but a pissed off Hulk Hogan wouldn't let him.
- In Brooke Hogan's state of the Knockouts address, Mickie James gave a narcissistic promo about how happy she was to be representing the group as its champion, Eric Young & ODB relinquished the Knockouts tag titles, and Brooke Hogan booked Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky and Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell in a ladder match for next week's show.
- Hulk Hogan then forced his daughter Brooke to leave the building to get her away from Bully Ray.
- AJ Styles cut a promo revealing that he wants to be the next world heavyweight champion for the money and in future he would be doing his own thing rather than the right thing.
- In a Bound For Glory Series match, AJ Styles went to a 15 minute time limit draw with Samoa Joe.
- Bully Ray phoned Brooke Hogan and convinced her to return to the building.
- Hulk Hogan booked Chris Sabin vs. Kenny King vs. Suicide in an X Division championship match for next week.
- In a Bound For Glory Series match, Jeff Hardy pinned Bobby Roode with the Twist Of Fate.
- In a confrontation with Bully Ray, Sting revealed that Kurt Angle had taken out the rest of Aces & 8s and he was the first person that had joined his new Main Event Mafia.