Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A good number of people were asking incapacitated World Champion Dolph Ziggler about his brother's (Briley Pierce) release from NXT. He tweeted the following in response:
countless @wwe peeps personally told me how hard @hotyoungbriley worked & how he was the most entertaining guy in NXT#WeirdBiz— Dolph Ziggler (@HEELZiggler) May 17, 2013
- Pierce was one of seven wrestlers released from NXT late last week. The others were Brandon Traven, Percy Watson, Sakamoto, Derrick Bateman, Audrie Marie, and Anya.
- Winning the US Title on last night's (May 19) Extreme Rules pay per view was the first championship gold in Dean Ambrose's WWE career, and it probably won't be his last. When asked recently via Twitter about Ambrose, Triple H commented that he has a "bright future."
- There are some hushed rumors that WWE is beginning to plan for CM Punk's return in the coming weeks but the details have been kept quiet. Despite rumors to the contrary, it is believed that Punk is on board with a return in time to build a feud for June's Payback pay per view from his hometown in Chicago.
- Rey Mysterio is getting closer to a return. He is set to visit Dr. James Andrews this week hoping for clearance to return to action soon.
- WWE is planning a "Bret Hart Appreciation Night" themed Raw in the near future. However, don't expect anything physical from Hart as he is still healing from knee surgery. (Not that a guy who once had a stroke should be getting physical in the ring anyway...)
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.