On April 8, 1996, The Ultimate Warrior made his return to World Wrestling Federation (WWF) by way of Monday Night Raw, complete with introduction from company chairman Vince McMahon.
Warrior's third appearance for the pro wrestling conglomerate actually started at WrestleMania XII, where he squashed (of all people) Hunter Hearst Helmsley (HHH). Raw, however, was his "official" return to the active roster.
And someone was waiting for him.
That "someone" would be WWF Intercontinental Champion Goldust, which made an interesting contrast to the fast-talking rambler from parts unknown. They would go on to battle for Goldy's title, but a series of ambiguous finishes and herky-jerky booking kept him from claiming the strap.
Warrior was sent packing not long after. WWF claims he used his father's death as an excuse to miss bookings, while Hellwig claims it was a legitimate request.
See his return to Raw below:
Goldust vs. Ultimate Warrior IC Title Match... by ShatteredDreamsProduction
Anyone think Warrior didn't get a fair shake? Or was he just being a little too wacky for his own good?
And now, from the desk of our CSS Asst. to the GM & Senior Editor -- for your pleasure, we bring to you -- additional posts dusted off from the...
8 - APRIL
8 April 2012
- TNA news: Sting vs Robert Roode at Victory Road bombs on PPV by Keith Harris Apr 8, 2012 8:03 PM CDT - 15 comments
- Cageside Catch Up for week ending April 8, 2012: WrestleMania 28 fallout and Brock Lesnar by Sergio Hernandez Apr 8, 2012 7:27 PM CDT - 1 comment
- Ring of Honor (ROH) TV spoilers from April 7, featuring The Briscoe Brothers, Davey Richards and Kevin Steen by Sergio Hernandez Apr 8, 2012 3:49 PM CDT - 2 comments
- Video: The latest episode of 'Are You Serious?' pokes fun at Jake Roberts, Sting and Ultimate Warrior by Sergio Hernandez Apr 8, 2012 2:16 PM CDT - 8 comments
8 April 2011
- Why You Should Watch Strikeforce This Weekend: The Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley Shootout by Kaleb Kelchner Apr 8, 2011 6:49 PM CDT - 1 comment
- UFC's Chael Sonnen sentenced in money laundering case by bix Apr 8, 2011 4:58 PM CDT - 1 comment
8 April 2010
- Speaking of WWE's shady callous nature, Lance Cade has been fired after successfully completing rehab by Keith Harris Apr 8, 2010 7:18 PM CDT - 4 comments
- Untitled Demolition Project Rockers vs Demolition by Victator Apr 8, 2010 2:33 PM CDT - 3 comments