Hello, Cagesiders! Welcome to the Cageside Seats Week in Wrestling once again!
What happened last week? Find out below, Cagesiders.
Raw (Apr. 22nd)
- Paul Heyman revealed that Triple H wouldn't be answering Brock Lesnar's challenge until next week, after receiving a text message from the man himself telling him so. Of course, Hunter's music hit as soon as Heyman started to badmouth The Game. The Cerebral Assassin then accepted the rubber match and gave Heyman a Pedigree.
- R-Truth pinned Antonio Cesaro with a Downward Spiral.
- The Shield arrived to the arena in a helicopter.
- Damien Sandow pinned Brodus Clay with a roll up after Cody Rhodes distracted Clay and Sandow snapped his neck on the top rope.
- Dolph Ziggler was shown telling his World Heavyweight Championship belt that "You’re so beautiful." AJ Lee entered the scene, wanting some gold of her own and making fun of the WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn. They started to kiss when Ziggler saw that Big E Langston was there and he told him to "stop creeping". After Big E left, Team Brickie arrived to tell Ziggler that if he lost to Chris Jericho tonight, his Triple Threat title defense at Extreme Rules against Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger would become a Fatal Four Way with Jericho as the fourth participant.
- The Shield cut a handheld promo telling The Undertaker that they were going to give him his first taste of justice.
- Dolph Ziggler pinned Chris Jericho with the Zig Zag after Jericho was distracted by Fandango's music.
- In an interview with Josh Matthews, Mick Foley plugged his new DVD and criticized Ryback for blaming too many of his problems on John Cena.
- Tensai pinned Cody Rhodes with a senton splash.
- Daniel Bryan spoofed Diamond Dallas Page, telling Kane he wanted to call The Undertaker to speak strategy before their match together and show him some diagrams he had written up. Kane warned him that his brother doesn't take instructions and that he had better not attempt to hug The Deadman. Team Hell No were then ambushed by The Shield.
- Ryback told Josh Matthews that he decided to let John Cena know what it was like to be attacked by the Shield without help from your friends and called out Mick Foley for his earlier rebuke.
Big E Langston squashed Zack Ryder with the Big Ending.
- The Shield defeated Team Hell No & The Undertaker when Daniel Bryan missed a top rope flying headbutt and Dean Ambrose pinned him in a great match.
- John Cena didn't want Mick Foley to confront Ryback later and gave him a chair to protect himself if he decided to do so.
- Fandango pinned William Regal with his version of the Downward Spiral. After the match, Chris Jericho attacked Fandango on the stage and danced with Fandango's new valet Danielle Moinet (NXT's Summer Rae).
- AJ Lee won a Divas Battle Royal to become the new number one contender for the WWE Divas Championship when she last kicked Layla out of the ring in a match that also featured Naomi, Aksana and Tamina Snuka.
- Mick Foley wanted to know what happened to the Ryback of old. Ryback said he was upset about how much he was left without help. Foley gave Ryback a pep talk before asking if he really wanted to be the champion who was the guy who walked out on Cena and let him get destroyed by The Shield and telling him he needed to wake up. That got Ryback pissed and he started insulting Foley, eventually calling him a "fat, pathetic, lazy bastard". Foley got ready to swing the chair at Ryback, but Ryback grabbed it off him and tossed it out of the ring. John Cena then hit the ring before they could start to fight. It was now time for The Shield to surround the ring, which led to Cena leaving the squared circle, allowing the mercenary trio to attack Ryback, but Cena found the chair and made the save for Ryback. The show closed with Cena dropping the chair after The Shield had been sent packing and laying out Ryback with the AA.
NXT (Apr. 24th)
- This was a Clash of the Champions special episode of NXT.
- WWE United States Champion (when it was taped) Antonio Cesaro pinned Adrian Neville with the Neutralizer.
- WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn pinned AJ Lee with a spear.
- Chris Jericho put over the NXT facilities and was still deciding upon who he would face next week. Bray Wyatt then interrupted Jericho's interview with Tony Dawson and told Jericho he could help him reclaim his former glory if he "carries the chains of the Wyatt Family". A confident Jericho then decided that his future NXT opponent would be Wyatt and said he would happily join the Wyatt Family if Bray could beat him.
- NXT Champion Big E Langston squashed Brad Maddox with the Big Ending.
- WWE Intercontinental Championship Wade Barrett pinned Bo Dallas with the Bull Hammer.
Main Event (Apr. 24th)
- JBL egged on Mark Henry into doing a four man Gauntlet series of matches.
- Mark Henry pinned Jimmy Uso with the World's Strongest Slam.
- Mark Henry pinned Jey Uso with the World's Strongest Slam.
- Mark Henry pinned Santino Marella with the World's Strongest Slam.
- The Great Khali defeated Mark Henry by count-out when Henry walked out on the match after Khali hit him with a big chop to the head.
- Zeb Colter was interviewed by Matt Striker and bashed Jack Swagger's opponents at Extreme Rules, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler.
Superstars (Apr. 25th)
- Jimmy Uso pinned Michael McGillicutty with the Superfly Splash.
- Kaitlyn and Layla defeated Aksana & Tamina Snuka when Kaitlyn pinned Tamina with a spear.
Smackdown (Apr. 26th)
- In a No Disqualification Match, Jack Swagger pinned Alberto Del Rio with a gut wrench power bomb.
- Layla pinned Aksana with a fancy roll up.
- The Shield did another shaky cam promo where they bragged about beating Team Hell No and The Phenom on Monday Night Raw. Dean Ambrose vowed that he would beat The Undertaker in the main event.
- Fandango pinned Justin Gabriel with a top rope leg drop.
- The Big Show pinned Sheamus with the WMD after Mark Henry distracted Sheamus.
- Wade Barrett pinned William Regal with the Bull Hammer.
- Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton by disqualification when Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick on Henry. Orton followed up with the RKO and the two babyfaces celebrated.
- The Undertaker submitted Dean Ambrose with Hell's Gate. After the match, The Shield hit their triple team powerbomb on The Undertaker through the announce table.
Saturday Morning Slam (Apr. 27th)
- Great Khali, Hornswoggle & Natalya defeated Primo, Epico & Rosa Mendes when Khali pinned Epico after hitting him with the Punjabi Plunge.
- The Rhodes Scholars were shown attempting to get people to sign a petition for Mick Foley to be removed from the WWE Hall of Fame. The Usos got into an argument with them about it and then Foley showed up to book a match between the two teams.
- The Usos defeated The Rhodes Scholars when Jimmy surprised Damien Sandow with a roll up.
TNA Impact Wrestling (Apr. 25th)
- Security briefly attempted to stop Aces & 8s from entering the building.
- James Storm cut a promo putting over AJ Styles' new submission hold and complaining about the Aces & Idiots. Bad Influence of Christopher Daniels & Kazarian came out and wanted to reform Fortune with Storm & Styles to combat Aces & 8s. However, Storm hated the idea and took a swing at Kaz only to get double teamed by the dynamic duo. Aces & 8s then came down to finish the job on Storm. Joseph Park attempted to make the save but got beaten down by the hoodlums. Team 3-D planted Park through a table using the 3D. Park went out on a stretcher. Bully Ray then called out Hulk Hogan, but The Hulkster left the building an hour before the show.
- Hulk Hogan was found backstage with an interviewer badgering him about where he went, but no answer was given.
- Taryn Terrell pinned Tara when Terrell surprised an overly confident Tara with a roll up.
- Robbie E gave a pep talk to his bro Jessie to prepare him for his match with Rob Terry later.
- Rob Terry squashed Jessie Godderz with the Freakbuster.
- Bad Influence is with Bobby Roode wanting him on-board the attempted resurrection of the Fortune stable. Roode asked about whether his current tag partner Austin Aries would be included, but Daniels doesn't want to expand the group past four. Bad Influence left Roode to mull it over. Aries was shown hanging out around the corner, having eavesdropped on the whole conversation.
- Mike Tenay informed us that Jeff Hardy may quit wrestling after the beating he suffered at the hands of Bully Ray in their Full Metal Mayhem match a couple of weeks ago.
- A video package aired hyping the return of Chris Sabin.
- Austin Aries and Bobby Roode bickered over the possibility of Fortune getting back together.
- TNA Tag Team Champions Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez defeated The Dirty Heels of Austin Aries & Bobby Roode when Christopher Daniels accidentally hit Roode with a clothesline meant for Hernandez and Guerrero pinned Roode with a frog splash.
- Backstage, Matt Morgan said that if Hulk Hogan goes out into the ring with Bully Ray later, it would be the biggest mistake Hulk has made yet, but luckily, he is a man with the solution.
- Matt Morgan then called out Hulk Hogan. Hogan graced Morgan with his presence. Morgan told the Hulkster that no-one wants to kick the asses of Aces & 8s more than he does, for a price. He'd help Hulk out in his hour of need if The Hulkster named him the number one contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. However, Hogan was disappointed that he wouldn't do it for free, so he decided to confront Aces & 8s by himself instead and insinuated that Morgan was a "little bitch".
- Backstage with Aces & 8s, who are sharing a round of beers. Bully says that he's ready to take care of his father-in-law.
- TNA Knockouts Champion Velvet Sky pinned Mickie James with an awkward roll up.
- Bully Ray said that tonight he would put the final nail in Hulk Hogan's coffin.
- Brooke Hogan tried to stop her father from confronting Aces & 8s, but The Hulkster wouldn't listen to her pleas, leaving his daughter in tears.
- Bully Ray cut a lengthy promo where he told Hulk Hogan to his face that The Hulkster was scared of him. Hulk told Ray that he couldn't put an end to Hulkamania, because Hulkamania would never die, brother. Bully spat right in Hogan's face. Hogan ripped off his shirt. Hulk pointed at Bully. Bully pointed back at Hulk. Hulk landed a big right. Bully ran away. The rest of Aces & 8s came down for reinforcement. The lights went off and when they came back on, Sting was standing in the ring with a bat, pointing at a cowering Hulkster. Aces & 8s were celebrating that they have The Icon on their side, but Sting turned round and flipped Bully's hat off with his bat. A brawl broke out and Aces & 8s were sent packing. The show closed with Sting pointing his bat at Hogan before walking away.