The next pay-per-view (PPV) on the WWE schedule is the TLC event set to take place on Sun., Dec. 15, 2013, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, the company's annual end of the year showcase playing off the popular Tables, Ladders, and Chairs gimmick match that took the pro wrestling world by storm in the early 2000s.
After last night's episode of SmackDown, the match card and line-up is now finalized with seven bouts set for the evening.
- John Cena vs. Randy Orton (TLC match for the WWE and world heavyweight titles)
For all the marbles. The biggest match ever, according to WWE marketing. It's big, but not that big. There will be only one champion by the time this is over.
- CM Punk vs. The Shield (3-on-1 handicap)
Strength in numbers and all but the indomitable spirit of one man may lead to the destruction of the few over the one. Or something like that.
- Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family (3-on-1 handicap)
See above, though the Wyatt's are far more likely to try something crazy. This isn't so much a match as a recruiting session.
- Big E. Langston vs. Damien Sandow (Intercontinental championship)
Could be a legitimate squash. No real threat to the title.
- AJ Lee vs. Natalya (Divas championship)
A Total Divas feud almost a year in the making.
- Rhodes Bros vs. MysteriShow vs. Rybaxel vs. Real Americans
Thrown together at the last minute but long in entertainment value.
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Fandango
See above. No real feud to speak of but two good workers tasked with having a good match on the pre-show to get the crowd hot for the main PPV program.
That's the card, Cagesiders. You buying?