WWE will present its Battleground pay-per-view (PPV) event this coming Sun., Oct. 6, 2013, at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York. The show, featuring an eight-bout card, is built around two matches: Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan fighting over the vacant WWE championship, and CM Punk battling Ryback in a singles match that also involves Paul Heyman.
There was only three weeks separating this event from the last one on the schedule, Night of Champions, which is thought to have done poorly at the box office. And that came just one month after this year's SummerSlam failed to garner anything close to the same buyrate as the same show the year prior.
Does that mean there's little reason to be confident that Battleground will draw even a reasonably modest buyrate on PPV?
I'll let you answer that in the poll below. Before you get there, here's the complete match card and line-up:
- Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE championship)
- Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam (World heavyweight championship)
- CM Punk vs. Ryback
- AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella (Diva's championship)
- Rhodes brothers vs. The Shield
- Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth (Intercontinental championship)
- Bray Wyatt vs. Kofi Kingston
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow (Pre-show)