Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Yesterday, we mentioned that WWE was hoping to get Hulk Hogan for a "dream match" with John Cena at WrestleMania 30. In the end, the money they offered wasn't what Hogan wanted and he is expected to re-sign with TNA any day now. But WWE may still be looking at a TNA star for a high-profile WrestleMania 30 match. In this case, it would be Sting who they hope to pair up with the Undertaker. Hulk Holland covered this rumor in detail last night, so definitely check that out.
- WWE is currently on tour in Mexico and, as past rumors suggested, Rey Mysterio made his return saving Sin Cara from a post match beat down at the hands of Alberto Del Rio. We mentioned yesterday that Mysterio was still scheduled to appear on the tour but would likely not wrestle.
- Speaking of Sin Cara, he was originally set to pair with El Local to take on Los Matadores on last week's Smackdown, but a decision was made to replace him with Tyson Kidd in a luchadore mask.
- WWE is looking to do more with the Prime Time Players, and one way they're thinking of making that happen is to pair them up with a manager. The duo made their main roster debut with Abraham Washington as their manager, but Washington was fired last year after making an inappropriate comment live on the air. The PTPs underwent a face turn late in the summer but have mostly been drifting aimlessly around the fringes of the tag team picture.
- Speaking of tag teams, Triple H reportedly sent out a memo directing writers to increase focus on the tag team division. This includes not only the guys on the main roster, but NXT tag teams as well.
- In news that goes to show just how disconnected the WWE decision makers can be from their audience, there are reports that the backstage brass is confused as to why Brie Bella isn't getting over as a babyface, particularly after the beat down she suffered at the hands of Tamina Snuka on Raw.
- TNA has canceled the December 5 taping of Impact from Chattanooga, TN. Details are scant as to why the decision was made and it is currently unknown where Impact will be taped from at all that week.
- In other TNA news, Ken Anderson has reportedly reached a new deal with the company and may return as soon as the Bound for Glory event this Sunday.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.