Despite the fact that this was a taped show and spoilers were readily available online beforehand, here are the quick results and some videos from tonight's (Sept. 1) show in Huntsville, Alabama:
- Opening promo segment with Hulk Hogan setting things up for the Ric Flair vs. Sting match that will lead to Hogan vs. Sting. Kurt Angle joins and they set up a match between Angle and Sting for later with Hogan as the special enforcer. Remember when it meant something to have Hogan on TV?
- Gunner def. Rob Van Dam in a Bound for Glory Series match.
- Karen Jarrett gets announced as the next Vice President of the Knockouts division and cuts a promo on the entire women's roster.
- Jesse Sorensen and Brian Kendrick def. Austin Aries and Kid Kash.
- Mickie James def. Winter to become new TNA Knockouts champion.
- Christopher Daniels def. AJ Styles.
- Kurt Angle def. Sting to retain TNA heavyweight title.
There were a million little segments packed throughout the show that most feel detract from the end product in a dramatic way. They try entirely too hard to get as much crammed into the two hours they have each week that they can. Hard for anything to get over that way.
Some solid wrestling otherwise with the Daneils-Styles match impressing in particular. A few videos from the show, made available by TNA on YouTube, are after the jump.