Despite the fact that this was a taped show and spoilers were readily available online beforehand, here are the quick results and some videos from tonight's (Aug. 18) show in Orlando:
- Sting opened the show doing the Joker gimmick and acting insane, calling for a match with Hulk Hogan. While he did so, Ric Flair came out and set up a match between the two saying that if Flair win, Sting has to retire for good and if Sting wins, he gets Hogan.
- Backstage segment between Flair and Hogan where they both literally acted completely batshit crazy, especially Flair. It was bizarre.
- Scott Steiner squashed Devon in a Bound for Glory Series match. Samoa Joe came out and squashed Devon even further, leading to a backstage promo from Joe explaining that he will bring down the entire Bound for Glory Series because he wasn't included.
- Austin Aries earned a shot at the X-Division title by winning a gauntlet match over Alex Shelly, Tony Nese, Kid Kash, Robbie E, Zema Ion, Jesse Sorenson, and Mark Haskins.
- Couple of nonsensical backstage segments, including ODB and Jackie hyping a match with Mickie James and Traci Brooks being sexually harassed by Eric Bischoff.
- Mickie James def. ODB.
- Creepy erotic backstage segment with Winter and Angelina Love.
- AJ Styles def. Rob Van Dam in a Bound for Glory Series match.
- A ridiculously ridiculous backstage segment with Flair calling out Sting in a dark room with a lot of noises being made that were supposed to be creepy. Except there were multiple times that you could clearly see people running around and trying (and failing) to hide. Just horrible and goofy as all hell, even if it would have worked perfectly.
- In what was probably the highlight of the evening, Kurt Angle and Crimson went back and forth in a fairly well done promo.
- The show closed with Mexican America defeating Beer Money to become the new TNA tag team champions. The match was decent but was so overbooked as to become almost difficult to follow. Par for the course with TNA.
Other than the Crimson promo with Angle, this show was horrifically bad. And with yet another Sting-Flair feud coming up, which is a cheap way to lead into another Hogan-Sting match, it's only going to get worse.
And they wonder why the pay-per-view buys are so laughably bad. After the jump are a few videos from the show.
Sting opens the show setting up the match with Ric Flair.
RVD vs. AJ Styles in a Bound for Glory Series match.
Mickie James vs. ODB.
Flair confronts Sting in the warehouse.
X-Division eight-man gauntlet match.
Crimson calls out Kurt Angle.
Mexican America wins the tag team titles over Beer Money.