(I hope I never see this fucking logo again, and after tonight, I don't believe I will.)
- Boy, do I remember the heat I took for posting that Brock Lesnar would smoke Fedor Emelianenko back in November of 2009 (immediately following the latter's less-than-impressive effort against Brett Rogers). People were calling for my job. I simply didn't understand that a pudgy, 5'11 1/2, 230 lb heavyweight was always going to reign supreme. I was called arrogant for simply stating that nobody lorded over a division forever. Well, forgive me for my schadenfreude, but I feel vindicated. Fedor's current inability to hang at HW is not a knock at his amazing streak. It's simply over now.
- Fedor at 205 still interests me, particularly against Strikeforce's crop. I think he could do things in that division.
- Bigfoot fought smart in the second until he gave up position for a leglock attempt (even I know that's dumb). He is no slouch in the BJJ department, so a rematch between he and Werdum intrigues me. I believe that Overeem will murder him if they fight.
- AA needs to follow Chuck Liddell's lead. Who would have thought that Affliction's two final headliners would be out of the game by the beginning of 2011?
- I gotta stop allowing pleasing radio personalities to sway my fight picks. Griggs is going to do the exact same thing against every opponent, and I will look forward to watching it. Villante should cut to 205 forever.
- It's Har-E-TAWN-Ov. Not the hardest thing in the world. Awesome to see him get a big win.
- That was the worst announcing trio in the history of sports.
- Oh, and Ray Sefo has no ground game.