Today's F4WOnline daily update by Dave Meltzer is full of news about the fallout from last night:
- As you'd expect, WWE has made an offer to Brock Lesnar for a Wrestlemania 27 main event match against The Undertaker. It was kept a secret from most (if not all) of WWE's writing staff. "I don't expect anything to come of it, but nobody can read Lesnar's mind."
- "Nobody knows much of anything about Lesnar's future[...]How quickly he wants to come back is something I wouldn't even hazard a guess at." He didn't go to the press conference because he didn't want to steal the spotlight away from Cain Velasquez's moment.
- The most likely opponent for his return is Frank Mir for the rubber match.
- Velasquez outstruck Lesnar with 55 shots to 13, and the new champion will be on tomorrow night's edition of Lopez Tonight on TBS.
As far as business goes:
- "Based on predictions based on trends" UFC 121 could be the UFC PPV event with the second highest number of PPV buys (behind UFC 100's 1.7 million) and will definitely be one of the biggest ever.
- "There was interest among Mexican-Americans the likes of which MMA has never had in the past."
- There were so many last-minute buys that there were long waits on DirecTV's phone order lines.