Last night was Ring of Honor's GLORY BY HONOR VIII, featuring Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuiness' last matches in ROH before heading to the WWE. I will list the results after the jump for those of you that don't want to see spoilers, but for more detailed results I would suggest clicking here.
- Colt Cobana defeated Rhett Titus via submission
- Dark City Fight Club defeated Up In Smoke
- Claudio Castagnoli defeated Kenny Omega
- Roderick Strong won a 4 corner survival match, defeating Sonjay Dutt, Grizzly Redwood, and Delirious, with Strong getting the pin on Dutt
- Bret Hart came out and cut a promo putting over ROH
- The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) retained the ROH World Tag Team belts, defeating Kevin Steen & El Generico in a Ladder War match
- Chris Hero defeated Eddie Kingston with a loaded elbow pad
- Austin Aries defeated Petey Williams via countout to retain the ROH World Title
- The Young Bucks defeated the Briscoe Brothers
- "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson defeated Nigel McGuiness via ref stoppage after repeated elbows in the triangle choke.
There were about 4 matches that are being pimped as "match of the night', and this is being touted as ROH's second show in a row that is "must own". All that being said, I realize Danielson and McGuiness' departures were the talk of the show, but was PETEY WILLIAMS really the best they could find for the World Title match? Hell, give it to Omega, at least that would be fun.