When Rob Van Dam works the Money in the Bank pay-per-view (PPV) this coming Sun., July 14, 2013, at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, it will be the first time he's performed in a WWE ring since 2009. It will also kickoff his first exclusive contract with the company since 2007.
In a tell-all interview with WWE.com, RVD explained how he ended up back with the company. Here is the relevant information from the article:
- Van Dam said he was the one who reached out to WWE about coming back, calling them when he was ready.
- He claims he didn't go to the Hall of Fame ceremony this past year looking for a job. He was only there to provide support for Booker T, which is consistent with what he said at the time. It's fair to wonder if this is the case, but his word is his word.
- He only knew the deal was done about two weeks before it was announced at the Payback event last month.
- Triple H was the guy he talked to, and the guy who brought him back in.
- He's been very happy with the way WWE has been pushing his return and thinks he'll be received like a big time star in Philadelphia. Hell, he's been received that way at most arenas anyway, a surprise to everyone.
He also talks about his past with the promotion, including the circumstances that led to his release. It's well worth checking out and you can do so by clicking here.
Expectations for RVD, Cagesiders?