We knew this was a strong possibility but it doesn't cushion the blow of the official announcement being made on tonight's (May 13, 2013) episode of Monday Night Raw in Tulsa, Oklahoma: World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler has not received clearance to return from his concussion on SmackDown last week and he will not work the Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV) this Sunday night in St. Louis.
Instead, Teddy Long revealed Jack Swagger will take on Alberto Del Rio in a number one contender I Quit match. Again, that doesn't do much of anything to cushion the blow of the PPV losing its best wrestler but at least it's something.
Here's the updated Extreme Rules match card:
- Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H (Steel Cage)
- John Cena vs. Ryback (Last Man Standing)
- Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger (I Quit)
- Big Show vs. Randy Orton (Extreme Rules)
- Sheamus vs. Mark Henry (Strap)
- Chris Jericho vs. Fandango (TBA)