WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (May 23, 2014) from London, England, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Hulk Hogan opened the show with a promo. He didn't say much outside of pushing the WWE Network and how it will be available in the U.K. soon enough. Jimmy Hart was with him for all this.
- Batista def. Dolph Ziggler in a no disqualification match, a wildly entertaining bout between two guys who have developed great chemistry. Apparently, at one point in the match Michael Cole takes a kick to the head and is attended to by doctors but declared okay.
- Funkadactyls def. Eva Marie & Nikki Bella thanks to Summer Rae, who was the guest referee in the match, turning on Eva and Nikki with a fast count. This was to push Total Divas storylines.
- Bo Dallas made his big debut with a promo followed by a quick victory over Sin Cara in a short squash match that he followed up with a victory lap around the ring. Word is the reaction for him wasn't great but WWE can fix that before the show airs on Friday.
- Bray Wyatt cut what was apparently an outstanding promo on John Cena on their Last Man Standing match at Payback.
- Sheamus def. Alberto Del Rio via disqualification when Cesaro, who was out on commentary, interfered. Looking more and more like Sheamus vs. Cesaro at Payback.
- Vickie Guerrero called Adam Rose out to the ring and they did a bit where he pushed his blow pop in her face and she fell back off the apron into the arms of the Rosebuds, who carried her around the ring while she was kicking and screaming and hating every second of it. His theme played, people sang, good times had by all except Vickie.
- In the main event, The Usos def. The Wyatt Family via disqualification. They teased a Bray Wyatt-John Cena confrontation but didn't deliver on it.
That's the show, folks. Your thoughts?