WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (April 18, 2014) from Nashville, Tennessee, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Triple H opened the show talking about The Shield. Like he did on Raw, he put them over, even going so far as to say he's proud of the way they have risen through the ranks at WWE but they made a big mistake going against the boss. He made it official that Evolution will be back at Extreme Rules to take them down. I am way too excited for this match.
- Big E def. Alberto Del Rio via disqualification due to Del Rio refusing to release the Cross Armbreaker. Don't worry, Big E left him laying with the Big Ending.
- Paul Heyman came out for a promo harping on Brock Lesnar beating the streak. Like he said he would on Raw, he just kept repeating himself. At one point, he laid down on his back and said he was doing what Undertaker did at WrestleMania when he lost. This sounds awesome.
- Paige def. Aksana in a match just like Paige had with Alicia Fox. She got beat up then she won with the Scorpion Cross Lock.
- El Torito def. Hornswoggle so they went ahead with the match they set up on Main Event. Your mileage here may vary. You might think this sucks or you might think it's the greatest thing.
- Alexander Rusev crushed R-Truth and then he crushed Xavier Woods in a reverse of roles from what they did on Raw.
- Santino Marella def. Fandango via roll up when Fandango was distracted by Emma and Layla getting after it outside the ring. They played up some comedy after with Santino high-fiving Emma with the Cobra and Emma selling the arm like it went limp.
- Batista def. Sheamus in the main event in what was apparently a very physical match that actually gets the clean finish unlike the last time they worked a match on SmackDown.
That's the show, folks. Your thoughts?