WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Feb. 21, 2014) from Colorado Springs, Colorado, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- The show opens with Daniel Bryan defeating Jack Swagger, which is a really weird move considering Swagger is challenging for the Intercontinental title on Sunday. However, Kane and Vickie Guerrero teamed up to put Bryan in another match right after against Cesaro.
- Bryan def. Cesaro via disqualification after Kane came in and hit the choke slam. Cesaro also put him down with the Neutralizer and it's sold like he's been beat down so much on Raw and SmackDown headed into the WWE world title match at Elimination Chamber this Sunday night that he won't have much of a shot to win.
- The Wyatt Family def. Rhodes Brothers & Rey Mysterio in a strong six-man tag that put the heels over well.
- They did a dance off between Emma and Summer Rae and it got over much better now that the main WWE audience has had more time to warm up to Emma's character. They continued teasing Emma and Santino Marella as a couple.
- Dolph Ziggler def. Titus O'Neil thanks to a distraction from Darren Young, who was out on commentary for the match.
- Jimmy Uso def. Road Dogg in a singles match, giving The Usos clean wins over the New Age Outlaws this week. Wonder what that means for the tag title match this weekend.
- Sheamus def. Christian in a long match that went over okay but certainly didn't tear the house down. White Noise is apparently what gets the pin, which is interesting. Christian couldn't be any more dead going into a title match at a major PPV.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Sound good to you?