WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Feb. 14, 2014) from Ontario, California, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, and Christian all hit the ring to kick off the show. So, naturally, The Shield joined the party and a six-man tag match was made. Surprisingly enough -- or maybe not so much -- the heel team went over after Dean Ambrose pinned Christian following an errant Brogue Kick. Another awesome six-man.
- A fatal four-way was booked to determine the number one contender to the Intercontinental championship, so they didn't totally forget about that title. The participants: Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, and Mark Henry. The winner: Swagger, who submitted Kingston with the Patriot Act. Langston was on commentary for this.
- Eva Marie def. Alicia Fox in a short, nothing match. It was done to lead to Bad News Barrett coming out and trashing everyone in the crowd for being fat pigs on Valentine's Day. This airs on that "holiday", so it's timely. Good for Barrett, Valentine's Day is the most ridiculous thing.
- One of the big advertised matches, Rybaxel & New Age Outlaws vs. The Usos & Rhodes Brothers saw one of the Usos pin Road Dogg after a solid match. It almost seems like it's impossible for WWE to miss on tag matches anymore.
- Darren Young def. Damien Sandow in a quick match with Titus O'Neil out on commentary. He was there to attack Young after his win, but Mr. No Days Off got the upper hand before it was all said and done.
- Miz finally got booked for a show and defeated Fandango after Santino Marella and Emma caused a distraction. Emma and Summer got physical and Marella used the Cobra to set up Miz winning.
- Cesaro def. Randy Orton clean in the main event in an excellent match. Orton has been on fire lately in-ring, and he put Cesaro over strong here. For what it's worth, he got a big babyface reaction by the time the match was over.
That's the show, Cagesiders. You watching?