WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Aug. 30, 2013) from Las Vegas, Nevada, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Miz TV kicks off the show with Dolph Ziggler and Big Show as guests. They come out just so they can be tentative about saying anything, leading to Triple H making his presence felt. He intimidates everyone and books Miz vs. Randy Orton, Ziggler vs. The Shield in a 3-on-1 handicap, and orders Show to sit ringside and watch it all go down with his mouth shut.
- Orton def. Miz clean, though The Shield did come down to be the hounds protecting the yard. Big Show got plenty of chants, so it looks like more than one guy is getting over on this storyline. After Orton hits the RKO and beats Miz, The Shield attack but Daniel Bryan comes out to make the save to a monstrous pop.
- Backstage segment sees Vickie Guerrero call out Bryan for bullying everyone he went after earlier in the night, so she set him up for a match against a real bully: Ryback. "See you out there, shrimp."
- Rob Van Dam def. Damien Sandow in a veritable squash match. Thank god for that briefcase, huh? Alberto Del Rio came out after to cut a promo on Ricardo Rodriguez.
- The Shield def. Ziggler, with Roman Reigns getting the pin off the spear like he always seems to do. They taunt Big Show, still sitting ringside, by hitting the triple powerbomb on Ziggler and daring Show to come save him.
- Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel out for a promo. Essentially, Heyman tells us if you buy Night of Champions you'll get to watch CM Punk beat the shit out of him. He's scared for his life, but confident he and his protege will own the night.
- Wyatt Family def. Tons of Funk in a nothing match. Bray came in after to deliver Sister Abigail to Tensai.
- Bryan def. Ryback via disqualification after Orton came down and interfered just as the former was about to finish off the latter with the Yes! Lock. Bryan actually gets Orton in the Yes! Lock but The Shield are back out to put the boots to him and end all that noise. Finally, Big Show gets up and decides to get in the ring to do something about all this but Triple H comes out and screams him down, sending him to the back after a long night of sitting on his ass and doing absolutely nothing about all the injustice around him. The show ends after another Triple Powerbomb incapacitates Bryan enough for Orton to spray paint "NO" on Bryan.
That's the show, Cagesiders. How does it sound to you?