WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (June 4, 2013) from Long Island, New York, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early (via Wrestling Observer):
- MizTV opens the show with Randy Orton, Kane, and Daniel Bryan. The weak link of Team Hell No continues complaining about being as much, leading to Kane storming off. With only Orton and Bryan left, Teddy Long books them in a tag team match (playa playa playa) for the main event against The Shield.
- Curtis Axel def. Chris Jericho thanks to a distraction from CM Punk, or his entrance music rather. That's right, Cult of Personality hit the speakers and Axel used the advantage to get the pin for another cheap victory over a bigger star. He was laid out after the match for his troubles.
- Brodus Clay and Tensai segment where they apparently talk about the Wyatt family.
- Kane and Ryback pre-tape backstage sets up a match in the same manner we saw between Ryback and Bryan on Monday Night Raw this week.
- Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez fend off 3MB in a brawl that happened in place of a Del Rio vs. Heath Slater match. The segment was done more as a way to get Dolph Ziggler up on the big screen to announce that he will return on Raw next week.
- Kane def. Ryback via disqualification after being put through a table, just like Bryan on Raw.
- Damien Sandow and Sheamus continued their feud with another segment, this one featuring the two playing chess. Once again, Sheamus is outsmarted but in a surprise twist, Sandow is the one who actually ends up laying out the babyface. That's the first time he's had the physical edge this entire feud.
- Fandango def. Zack Ryder, earning plenty of quality heat for beating the hometown kid.
- Kaitlyn's secret admirer will be revealed on Raw. With Ziggler coming back, Big E. Langston fighting with AJ Lee and Lee feuding even more with her, there's no way Hornswoggle isn't the secret admirer.
- Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan def. The Shield via disqualification after Dean Ambrose interfered in the match. The bigger news is Orton hitting Bryan with an RKO. It was noted by the Observer report that it appeared to be a heel turn, but other reports have stated Bryan accidentally hit Orton during the match and this was a receipt. We'll see how WWE handles it.
That's the show, Cagesiders. How does it look to you?