WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (June 11, 2013) from Greensboro, North Carolina, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early (via Wrestling Observer):
- Daniel Bryan furthered the riff between himself and Kane when he said the two would be broken up as a tag team if he and Randy Orton win the titles from Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns at the Payback pay-per-view (PPV) this Sunday night in Chicago. He called Kane the weak link and nearly got choke slammed for it but was saved by Orton.
- Sheamus def. Antonio Cesaro only to be laid out by Damien Sandow after the match.
- Backstage segment pushing Hardees again, this time with Teddy Long about to get his grub on but Big E. Langston stealing his food.
- Heath Slater def. Great Khali with assistance from his band, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal. Not sure what the point of having this match on this particular show was but there you go.
- Chris Jericho and Alberto Del Rio def. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston with Ziggler taking the loss at the hands of Del Rio, I guess to build doubt that Dolph can win at the PPV. Funny, though, he's jobbing right after talking on Twitter about not losing for five weeks or so and taking shots at WWE. Also, why have him wrestle here for his first match back? I suppose they could protect him in a tag match and this allowed him to knock some rust off.
- Another segment between Jericho and Paul Heyman saw Jericho stick a microphone in Heyman's mouth. This after sticking the contract for his match with CM Punk down Heyman's pants on Raw not long ago. What is it exactly Jericho is trying to tell us by doing all this?
- Kaitlyn was scheduled to wrestle but ended up snapping and beating the shit out of everyone. They're playing this up on WWE.com, saying she's been fined $10,000 for slapping a referee.
- Curtis Axel def. Wade Barrett with The Miz on commentary. Naturally, Miz put Axel down after the match.
- Team Hell No and Randy Orton def. The Shield in the main event with a special emphasis on great teamwork from Bryan and Orton. The finish saw Orton hit Rollins with an RKO and Bryan follow it with a No Lock to get the tap.
That's the show, Cagesiders. How do you like the sound of it?