WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (May 17, 2013) from the PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night (May 7). That means full spoilers are readily available, if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- The show opens with the MizTV logo and Fandango sign hanging over the ring as they show a full WrestleMania recap before kicking off the things with MizTV rather than the Highlight Reel. Miz introduces Randy Orton as his guest, but then Big enters the ring. Shortly thereafter, Jack Swagger interrupts, then Alberto Del Rio comes out, then Mark Henry, and then Sheamus. Predictable chaos erupts in the ring as Del Rio, Orton, and Sheamus clean house. Of course post-match Teddy Long comes out to announce Del Rio, Orton & Sheamus vs. Henry, Swagger & Big Show for later on in the night.
- The Shield sans Ambrose (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) defeat The Usos brothers in a short match. Post match The Shield attacked The Usos until Kofi Kingston ran down with a chair to make the save before anyone else's hair was yanked. Then The Usos & Kofi cut a promo on The Shield.
- Backstage: We get Teddy Long & Damien Sandow with The Miz. Sandow pitched The Damien Sandow Show, after which Miz and Sandow traded insults. A match between them was then set up for later in the night.
- In the obligatory squash match of the night, Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Sweet T- aka Tensai) defeated The Primetime Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil).
- Chris Jericho defeats Antonio Cesaro clean via the Walls of Jericho in what is reportedly an excellent and lengthy match. Post-match Fandango attacked Jericho from behind. However, Jericho quickly recovered and cleared the ring of Fandango.
- Promo package airs featuring Zeb Colter blasting the U.S. Government for recent scandals involving the IRS, claiming that Del Rio would quit this coming Sunday (May 19) at Extreme Rules.
- Promo then occurs in ring from Team Rhodes Scholars until The Miz comes out to face Damien Sandow.
- The Miz defeats Damien Sandow via submission with the figure-four leglock.
- WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn defeats Aksana in a short non-title match.
- Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton & Sheamus defeat Mark Henry, Jack Swagger & Big Show after Orton hits an RKO on Swagger. Post-match the faces celebrate to end the show.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Be sure to watch for our SmackDown Preview post first thing Friday morning, and then join us at 8 p.m. ET for our SmackDown Live Blog. Stop by again on Saturday for our SmackDown Video Playlist and our full Results and Reactions post dissecting the show for you as well.