WWE SmackDown returns to the SyFy channel this coming Friday night (April 19, 2013) from the Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, TN where the show was taped along with tonight's episode of Main Event. That means full spoilers are readily available, if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
- Michael Cole and JBL will be our commentary team for the evening's festivities, Lilian Garcia ring announcing of course. Fandango's set will be lowered, lit up with flares this time. His entrance will be greeted by a decent crowd pop, and they proceed to attempt their best 'Fandangoing' efforts, paying tribute to his now viral theme song, with the customary singing along to Chachalala. Fandango dances and makes a failed attempt to flirt with Lillian Garcia, who responds with a look of distaste. Therefore, Fandango of course insults her.
- Santino Marella vs. Fandango: Our italian funny man with his Cobra accomplice, Santino Marella, comes out only to mock Fandango and make an unsuccessful Cobra lock attempt . For his efforts, Fandango swiftly defeats Santino via pinfall in an incredibly brief match to start off the show. We transition to backstage where Booker T and Teddy Long are talking, Big Show interrupts to talk to them.
- Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett: Our newest WWE United States Champion Kofi Kingston defeats our WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett, further solidifying his eventual demise, which will likely come sooner rather than later. The crowd will reportedly appear dead in the middle of the match, but then start up a Kofi Kingston chant for some reason. Barrett will attempt a pin for a two count, but Kofi will counter by rolling Wade up for the winning pin.
- Video recaps of recent interactions between Sheamus and Mark Henry will be shown. Mark Henry will be interviewed backstage. Sheamus of course attacks Mark Henry during and then takes off in a hit and run, much like the one Henry gave him the other night on Raw (Apr.15). Apparently, because that is what he do, fella!
- Video recaps of recent interactions between the new World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler, former WHC Alberto Del Rio and The Real American Jack Swagger with his xenophobe sidekick Zeb Colter will be shown. We will get a decent pop for Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez' entrance. But only medium heat will be garnered for Swagger & Colter; or as my daughter likes so aptly to say, "Someone needs to tell that guy he doesn't have enough swag to go by Swagger".
- Alberto Del Rio (w/Rodriguez) vs. Jack Swagger (w/Colter): Lots of shenanigans will of course ensue with ADR, Swagger, Ricardo Rodriguez and Zeb Colter all continuing their ongoing feud throughout -- when the official's back is turned, Zeb will take the opportunity to punch Del Rio. Later, Del Rio will take a running hit into the corner post with his shoulder. Keeping with his kayfabe injury Del Rio's knee will be bandaged heavily. A weak "We The People" chant may be audible while a Del Rio chant will gain momentum as he has a brief bout of fire, turning things around for a short bit. His chant fades during Swagger's offense, while he taunts Del Rio and applies the Patriot Lock until Del Rio makes it to the ropes for the break. Several near falls will be had throughout the match. Ultimately, Alberto Del Rio defeats Jack Swagger, via pinfall.
- A video recap will be shown of interactions between our new WWE Champion John Cena and Big Hungry himself, the Ryback. Then, on the Titantron we will then be greeted with the most recent shaky cam promo from The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns). Initially they will mock our new WWE Champ Cena recounting the way Ryback just stood and watched them demolish Cena at the end of Raw (Apr.15). But then who will they go on to cut their promo on? Why, none-other-than -- The Undertaker. The Shield will claim although The Deadman may remain undefeated at WrestleManias they have never been defeated -- at all. They also perceive 'Taker to have been afraid, stating he was visibly and rightfully scared to death of the trio.
- The Great Khali, Natalya & Hornswoggle vs. Primo, Rosa & Epico: In a mixed tag match that no one in the Western Hemisphere will likely care to see, we get Khali, Nat & Horny who will defeat Primo, Epico & Rosa Mendes in what some might loosely call "tag team action". This match will literally be set up due to Primo & Epico taking Hornswoggle's parking spot. No joke. (Although, the way Khali walks these days, perhaps it was a handicapped spot, and that is not cool to park in the disabled's place.) Post match we will be subjected to the victors "dancing" in the ring.
- A video recap of CM Punk's moment on the mic from Raw will be featured. Then, a video recap of interactions from Paul Heyman's "Challenge Issued" segment determining the Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H's Steel Cage Match (which will go down on the Extreme Rules pay-per-view (PPV) from St. Louis, MO on May 19) will be featured. This will be following notice that WWE SmackDown will be returning to Knoxville (Nov. 19) and advising the WWE Universe that the presale password will be Knoxville, starting tonight (Apr. 17) at the online box office. We then learn that Triple H will respond to Brock Lesnar on Monday's (Apr. 22) episode of Raw.
- SmackDown Main Event Tag Match - Big Show & Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton & Sheamus: Have we seen enough of Show, Orton and Sheamus in the same ring lately, or is it just me? It must be just me, because In a surprising twist, the Knoxville crowd reportedly manages to muster up a decent pop for Big Show and go absolutely wild for Orton. In the biggest twist of all, the crowd will swell to an even louder response for the Great White for some reason. This time Henry enters the mix and generates nuclear heat from the crowd, so of course the big men will bring down the "faces". Show wins the match for them via chokeslamming Orton, culminating in the pin for the win.
- In a dark match, The Shield will then come out to attack the already defeated faces (Orton and Sheamus)with massive control and dominance right up until Triple H's music hits. The crowd reportedly erupts for the biggest pop of the night as The Game comes to the aid of the faces, driving off The Shield. Triple H will appear with a black cast on his left wrist, (the one which was recently MRI'd and cleared). Sheamus will land a Brogue Kick on Roman Reigns. Orton will also set up an RKO on Reigns, which will be followed by a HHH Pedigree. This will be the point The Shield will retreat. Shame it was a dark match, as it sounds glorious to behold.
Those are all of your spoilers for WWE SmackDown this week, CageSiders, what do you think? Definitely a show worth watching while hanging out in our SmackDown live blog with C.J. Bradford this Friday night, right?