WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Dec. 6, 2013) from Tulsa, Oklahoma, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Randy Orton opens with a promo on John Cena hyping their match at TLC. He transitions into an apology to The Authority for his recent behavior, namely the disparaging remarks he made on Raw this past week. Somewhere in here, Daniel Bryan makes his way out and challenges Orton for the WWE championship he never won fair and square. That sets up the main event.
- Big E. Langston def. Fandango in a glorified squash match.
- Bad News Barrett was back for a couple bits, yet again at the podium just knocking the crowd. He called them gullible. Later, he had good and bad news. The good? There will only be one champion after TLC. The bad? There will be a lot of pain.
- Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston never got off the ground because they recycled the bit where Del Rio finds his fire and destroys some jobber.
- The Shield did a backstage skit where they argued over who would get to take on CM Punk that night. Later, it's revealed that Dean Ambrose won out and he ended up getting pinned clean after a GTS.
- Ryback & Curtis Axel def. Rhodes Bros in a non-title match, likely setting up a rematch for TLC. I'm not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea to have Cody and Goldust move on to a feud like this after what they've been busy with the past two months or so, but it's awful.
- Backstage skit sees The Real Americans set up a match with Rey Mysterio. His partner turns out to be Big Show and the babyfaces go over clean.
- Natalya def. Tamina Snuka with AJ Lee on commentary and the usual post-match stuff setting up Natalya vs. Lee at the upcoming PPV.
- Orton def. Bryan with the RKO after The Wyatt Family distracted Bryan. After, Bray once again pushed hard for the bearded one to join the Family. There are a ton of possibilities here and they aren't giving anything away too quickly.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?