WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Nov. 8, 2013) from Charlotte, North Carolina, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- CM Punk showed up to challenge the Wyatt clan but Curtis Axel showed up instead. This led to a match between the two and, naturally, Punk went over.
- AJ Lee & Tamina Snuka def. the Funkadactyls for the obvious reasons.
- Alberto Del Rio called out John Cena but the match never happened because Vickie Guerrero wanted to officially book the rematch for Survivor Series. They would compete in singles matches later against Great Khali and Ryback, respectively.
- Del Rio def. Khali because of course he did.
- The Usos & R-Truth def. 3MB
- Daniel Bryan def. Luke Harper via disqualification when Erick Rowan interfered. Naturally, this brought out CM Punk and we're actually kind of sort of about to get a Bryan/Punk tag team. That's pretty cool no matter how you slice it.
- John Cena def. Ryback and was immediately attacked by Del Rio. What was more notable about this match, however, is that Ryback is now making no effort to conceal the fact that he's playing into the Goldberg chants by doing his moves. There may be nothing to this yet but a match between the two at WrestleMania XXX seems like the right fit. We'll see.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?