WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Nov. 19, 2013) from Atlanta, Georgia, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Goldust & Cody Rhodes def. Real Americans in a tag team title match to kick off the show. They get the goods out of the way early here with a fine match.
- Ryback promo now admitting to being a bowlie and pushing the fact that he's a bowlie. He issues an open challenge, actually, and Great Khali is the man who accepts. Despite his reportedly being in the doghouse, THE BIG GUY goes over clean here by hitting the Shell Shock, which looks great on Khali.
- Funkadactyls def. AJ Lee in a handicap match that was only put together because Vickie Guerrero was feeling vindictive after what happened on Monday Night Raw this week.
- The Usos & Rey Mysterio def. The Shield, who are now doing far too many jobs. Still, the match is as good as you would expect from those involved and Mysterio moved well considering his injuries.
- Big Show promo saying he's going to win the WWE championship at Survivor Series. Randy Orton comes out and reiterates that he will defeat Show this Sunday night without any help. With as much as they've been referencing as much, it certainly seems like a swerve is coming.
- Big E Langston & Dolph Ziggler def. Curtis Axel & Damien Sandow in a veritable squash match. Odd that Langston and Ziggler teamed despite the common enemies.
- Prime Time Players def. 3MB but that's irrelevant. What's relevant here is that 3MB worked the show as the Fabulous Freebirds: Heath Slater as Michael Hayes, Jinder Mahal as Jimmy Garvin, and Drew McIntyre as Terry Gordy. This is incredible.
- Daniel Bryan def. Luke Harper in the main event before the Wyatt Family went home standing tall with a beatdown of both Bryan and CM Punk.
It should be noted that John Cena and Alberto Del Rio were both in the building and worked the dark match but were not used during the taping for TV. That makes zero sense to me, but it's WWE, so there you go.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?