WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Oct. 11, 2013) from Columbus, Ohio, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- For starters, it should immediately be noted that due to a tour in Abu Dhabi, this show is extra light on talent. That's why the following seems so very, well, light.
- Big Show's house is for sale! That's what Vickie Guerrero tells us to open the show, though there is no word on any prospective buyers. Act fast, Cagesiders! Meanwhile, Alberto Del Rio has a bone to pick after she booked him to defend his world heavyweight title against John Cena at the upcoming Hell in a Cell pay-per-view (PPV) later this month in Miami. She offers a way out: a kiss. He bites, tries to seal the deal, and gets nothing but rejection in the form of Vickie telling him to quite literally kiss her ass. Damien Sandow interrupts in a rather timely fashion and complains about the entire situation, leading to the two getting booked for a match later in the night. The segment ends with Del Rio administering a short beatdown to Sandow.
- Curtis Axel def. R-Truth to retain his Intercontinental title in a decent match that featured plenty of love for Truth from the Columbus crowd.
- Los Matadores def. Los Locales in what's becoming your standard Los Matadores match. It's being said that one of the wrestlers working under a mask in the latter group was Ricardo Rodriguez. He definitely needs something to do now that Rob Van Dam is gone for the foreseeable future.
- Cameron, Naomi, & Brie Bella def. Kaitlyn, Eva Marie, & Natalya in a match that was oddly booked -- I mean, look at those teams -- and featured awful action in the ring.
- Del Rio def. Sandow in a match that saw Sandow nearly turn babyface, almost by default. There were U.S.A. chants but Sandow had to work to win them over and by the end, he nearly succeeded. Either way, it was a fine match that saw the champion retain with the Cross Armbreaker.
- Great Khali & Prime Time Players def. 3MB in a nothing match played up for comedy. After, Khali danced with Titus O'Neil and Darren Young.
- The main event featured Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeating the Wyatt Family. This match had the most heat and the Rhodes brothers really seem to have gotten over together.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?