WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Oct. 25, 2013) from Birmingham, Alabama, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- A Triple H interview with Michael Cole kicked things off and it's revealed that six people were fired thanks to Big Show hacking a satellite feed on site at Raw. No more talk of Show, though, because he's fired and there is a lawsuit pending. As for Shawn Michaels, he'll do the right thing Sunday night. Daniel Bryan makes an appearance and there is a staredown.
- The Usos def. Wyatt Family with The Miz at ringside. Later, the Wyatt clan would find Miz backstage, beat him up, chain him up into a cage, and paint "liar" on his chest.
- AJ Lee def. Nikki Bella in an easy booking decision.
- Los Matadores def. 3MB with the Real Americans on hand. It's looking like that match will be made for Sunday night at the PPV.
- Ryback & Paul Heyman def. CM Skunk, a local athlete. Heyman got some promo time after, hitting all his usual points.
- Alberto Del Rio returned after being absent on Raw to cut a promo on John Cena. For Cena's return being such a big deal, the story for the match is outright awful.
- Great Khali and Fandango didn't get a finish and it looks like Natalya may be moving on to a program with Summer Rae.
- Bryan, Rhodes Brothers, & Big E. Langston def. Randy Orton & The Shield in the main event. Bryan pinned Orton after hitting his flying knee, which again suggests a loss at Hell in a Cell. In fact, everything feels like it's leading to a Shawn Michaels heel turn and perhaps the focus is shifted to Bryan vs. Triple H and Orton moves on to a Big Show program. We'll have to stay tuned to find out.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?