WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Oct. 18, 2013) from Kansas City, Missouri, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Brad Maddox and Vickie Guerrero have become the de facto power crew on the "B" show, and they open this one with Daniel Bryan explaining Big Show's intention to show up. The Rhodes brothers make an appearance and a main event match is booked against The Shield.
- Wyatt Family def. The Miz & Kofi Kingston with Bray Wyatt looking on. He's still not getting too physical after that scare at a house show last weekend.
- Brie Bella def. AJ Lee in a non-title match, so that program is definitely continuing and it's looking more and more like a match between the two could be booked for Hell in a Cell.
- The way Big Show could make his presence felt? Bryan bought him a ticket, which somehow leads to his getting into the ring and announcing he's filing a major lawsuit against "The Authority" for what they've done to him. Maddox and Vickie come out and the former ends up getting knocked out because, well, Show says he has nothing to lose anymore.
- CM Punk def. Big E. Langston in a rare SmackDown appearance. There was an altercation with Paul Heyman, Curtis Axel, and Ryback that led to a face turn for Langston, who saved Punk. This sounds glorious.
- Alberto Del Rio does an interview with Josh Matthews, saying it's ridiculous that he has to wrestle John Cena, namely because Cena didn't have to earn his world heavyweight title shot. This is often the problem with heels in WWE. You can't disagree with Del Rio here because he's not wrong. So they tried to get heat on him by having him attack Matthews. Yeah, that'll do it, I'm sure.
- The Usos def. Real Americans with an assist from Los Matadores, who appear to be entering a program with Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro, for obvious reasons. El Torito apparently spears Zeb Colter.
- Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan cut promos on their match at Hell in a Cell. Your basic stuff, nothing all that new covered here.
- Bryan & Rhodes brothers def. The Shield with Bryan pinning Dean Ambrose after the flying knee. Is it just me or have The Shield been doing a ton of jobs lately? And is it just me or have those jobs not hurt them in any way?
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?