WWE hit Providence to tape SmackDown last night (Oct. 23, 2012) and we've got complete spoilers for the show, featuring the final hype to the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.
WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Oct. 26, 2012) from Providence but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early (via PWTorch.com):
- Randy Orton opens the evening to cut a promo on Alberto Del Rio, his opponent this coming Sunday night at Hell in a Cell in Atlanta. ADR comes out, too, but never does anything. Wade Barrett, however, does, and that sets up Orton vs. Barrett for later in the evening.
- Kane def. Cody Rhodes while Daniel Bryan and Damien Sandow did commentary. Match ran short with a chokeslam getting the pin.
- The Miz def. Yoshi Tatsu quick because he needs to look good heading into his Intercontinental championship rematch.
- Booker T conducts a meeting with Eve, Aksana, Kaitlyn, and Layla in order to get to the bottom of the Kaitlyn attack situation. Aksana reveals she was texted by Eve to attack Kaitlyn, which Teddy Long says he knew all along. Eve claims her iPad was stolen and someone texted Aksana because they're trying to frame her. This led to Booker, of course, setting up a triple threat at the PPV between all parties but Aksana. She would get in on a tag match booked later in the night, though.
- Wade Barrett def. Randy Orton thanks to a distraction from Alberto Del Rio for your typical stock finish in this situation.
- It appears there will be a free pre-show on YouTube for Hell in a Cell and John Cena will address the AJ Lee situation. I guess they want to use him how they can if he's not going to be wrestling. That actually makes a ton of sense.
- Damien Sandow def. Daniel Bryan while Cody Rhodes and Kane were on commentary. Distractions from the outside resulted in the Rhodes Scholars getting the win for their team. That's 1-1 headed into the PPV. Again, easy booking.
- Sheamus and Big Show had a big pull apart with security guards to end the show. Both guys put over their finishers headed in. Stock, but apparently good.
That's the show, folks. Sound good to you?