WWE Monday Night Raw comes waltzing back into our lives tonight (Mar. 10, 2014) from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee, featuring all the latest build to the WrestleMania 30 pay-per-view (PPV) extravaganza early next month in New Orleans.
Advertised for tonight: Hulk Hogan returns to make a "special announcement" for WrestleMania, Undertaker is back to address his match with Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan is still trying to get a match against Triple H, and more!
Come right back here at 8 p.m. ET when the Raw live blog kicks off once the show starts on USA. It will be below this line here. (REMINDER: NO GIFS OR PICS ARE ALLOWED IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. OFFENDERS WILL BE BANNED.)
WWE RAW RESULTS AND LIVE BLOG FOR MAR. 10
Rex here. Time to mark out with our snark out.
Hulk Hogan starting things off for us tonight.
Hulk talks about how glad he is to be back and that he sits at home and watches the WWE Network, especially his Mania matches. He talks about his various Mania opponents and apparently he has a brilliant idea.
There will be a Andre the Giant Memorial 30 Man Battle Royale at Wrestlemania.
Then the titantron shows a nice Andre the Giant Trophy that the winner will get.
Out comes Cena now.
Cena comes out and says it great to have Hogan back.
He is talking about his memories of Hulkamania as a kid.
Cena says he is excited for the Battle Royale so he is announcing himself as an entrant.
"Memphis, we're here"
Out comes the Wyatt Family. Apparently Cena and Rowan will have a match at some point this evening.
Wyatt cuts a promo on pride, hope, and Cena's legacy. This is so damn good.
He says that Cena can't comprehend, but he will make him understand. He says that when Cena looks at him, he should see a God.
Cena responds by pointing out some inconsistency in Wyatt's promo and singing Margarittaville.
Cena then says he won't make the Battle Royale because he is challenging Wyatt at Mania.
Wyatt is non-committal on the challenge as we head to break.
John Cena vs Erik Rowan
Result: John Cena wins by pinfall.
- Back from break and the match is in progress.
- Rowan takes out Cena's leg, works the fists to the temple, and the hits a pump handle slam.
- Some ground and pound from Rowan and then he locks in a bearhug. The two struggle a bit and start countering each other.
- The countering leads to a Cena roll up for the win.
- Despite Hogan's urging, Wyatt doesn't accept the challenge yet.
Stephanie and HHH are out.
Stephanie says that Bryan putting his hand on HHH is grounds for dismissal but they will forgive him.
It's best for business, a niche B+ business but business none the less.
Stephanie says that it is conditional on Bryan coming out an apologizing.
Stephanie says he isn't man enough to take on HHH anyway and doesn't measure up in any way.
The Usos vs Rybaxel
Result: Usos win by pinfall
- NAO on commentary
- Uso opening up with some chops on Ryback and then hits an armdrag. Ryback drives Uso into the corner and makes the tag to Axel.
- Axel puts the Uso face first into the second rope and then tags back in Ryback who hits an elbow drop and a suplex before tagging Axel back in.
- Axel with a sleeper hold, the Uso elbows out and tries for the tag but Axel throws him back. Usos lands on his feet and makes the tag.
- Uso takes out Axel by the leg and then throws a haymaker at Rybacker. Samoan drop to Axel and then a superkick to Ryback. Superkick for Axel before the suicide dive tag.
- Splash off the top rope for the win.
Kane in the back and he is lecturing the Shield about their behavior.
"Is there a point to all of this"- Ambrose
Kane says that the Shield has been a valuable asset so he has taken it upon himself to help them seal their cracks- the first which appeared when they lost the titles to the Rhodes Bros.
Rollins accepts but asks if it was deflection about being pinned by Bryan twice.
The Shield then threatens Kane if they happen to get in their way
Big E vs Jack Swagger
- Swagger with some early strikes and then Big E drives him into the corner. Swagger fights out with some elbows and then a powerslam.
- PIP promo from Big E about the Battle Royale that makes the action barely visible.
- Swagger with some punches to a downed Big E, but he pops up and hits some clotheslines before a belly to belly suplex.
- He goes for a splash but Swagger takes out his knee. Swagger grinds his knee into Big E's neck in the rope. Big E is able to counter it with a roll up for the pin.
Undertaker makes his way out.
As he hits the ring, Paul Heyman appears on the stage.
He apologizes if his presence has disrupted Taker's train of thought.
Heyman talks a bunch about the streak and how Lesnar is going to end it.
Taker gets the mic and gives him some pseudo-philosophical message about fear.
At WM30, Lesnar will Rest in Peace.
The Rhodes Bros vs the Shield
Result: Shield wins by pinfall
- Rollins opens up with some strikes and goes for a suplex but Cody counters with a delayed vertical face buster.
- Cody tags in Goldy but Rollins drives Goldy into the corner and goes for an arm lock. Whip gets counter into a back body drop. Tag to Cody and they perform a double team. Cody tries to slingshot Rollins but Rollins flips and lands on his feet. Follows it up with an STO into the turnbuckle.
- Tag to Reigns who goes to work with punches and a headbutt before grinding his elbow into Cody's jaw.
- Rollins tag and he hits a knee drop and some more strikes before tagging back in Reigns. Reigns misses a splash in the corner and Cody gets the tag. Goldy with his drop down uppercut and a spinebuster. Goldy with a reverse crossbody that takes out both members of the Shield.
- Goldy sends them both to the outside and Goldy hits a senton off the apron and Cody goes off the turnbuckle with a splash. Ambrose is furious and goes to get involved but the ref warns him as we go to break.
- Back from break and Reigns is beating on Goldy before tagging in Rollins. Rollins with a sleeper before dumping Goldy into the ropes. He tags Reigns who hits the apron dropkick.
- Reigns with a slam and Goldy tries to fight out with some strikes but Reigns ends it with a big forearm. Tag to Rollins who lands some kicks and a clothesline for 2.
- Reigns tag and he works over Goldy in the corner with some stomps and a splash. He taunts Cody and goes in for more but Goldy hits a scoop slam. Both men get the tag.
- Cody with some punches and he uses the turnbuckle to hit a slick sunset flip for two. Rollins tries for German but Cody lands on his feet and hits the Disaster Kick on Reigns and then moonsaults Rollins for two.
- It turns into an all out brawl that leads to Goldy and Reigns getting sent to the outside and Rollins countering the Disaster Kick with a Buckle Bomb and then Black Out for the win.
The Bellas vs AJ and Tamina
Result: The Bellas win by pinfall
- Natalya on commentary and she quotes Owen Hart at one point
- AJ had some good taunts but everything else was horrid.
- Nikki gets the finish and then raises the Diva's Title
Daniel Bryan is out to the ring now.
He asks the fans if they were convinced that the Authority's apology was sincere? NO! NO! NO!
Bryan says that hey are going to force the Authority to listen to them.
Time to Occupy Raw!
Bryan calls on a bunch of "random fans" to come occupy the ring with him.
A swarm of 30 or so enter the ring with Bryan as the show cuts to commercial break.
Back from break and it has swelled to hundreds in and around the ring.
"ANSWER OUR CHALLENGE!"
The Authority comes out as everyone in the protest gives them a NO! NO! NO!
HHH says he will give them to 30 before they are all arrested. "Talk amongst yourself"
HHH insults a fat guy in there and the crowd starts booing him.
"Aww you petered out"
Bryan threatens to have the whole crowd walk out and set up their own Raw.
They call out two security to try and clear the ring.
They turn around as soon as they hit the barrier of people and walk back up the ramp.
Stephanie says they have all gone drunk with power.
Bryan says that last week they called it their ring, well Bryan and these fans are showing them that is wrong.
HHH says it's over and calls for the next match. "Hit someone's music!"
Out comes Sandow now.
Sandow tells them to part but then gives it second though and tries to walk out.
HHH comes out to confront him and Sandow doesn't oblige.
Stephanie yells about this disrespect to her family legacy. When she was born this place became hers. She owns everyone involved.
Bryan says that HHH needs to accept his challenge.
HHH says the funny thing is that he has enjoyed Bryan and protected him at various points in his career. Well Bryan is going to regret getting what he wants. HHH accepts and tells them to get out of his ring.
"Well that's not all that we want..."
Bryan states that they demand Bryan in the main event if he beats HHH.
HHH charges the ring in fury but the security hold him back for his own protections.
Wow that was fucking amazing.
Christian vs Sheamus
Result: Sheamus wins by pinfall
- App vote decided it's a Memphis Street Fight
- Sheamus with the early control as he beats up Christian on the outside. He goes for a guitar shot but Christian dodges and the guitar shatters on the post. Christian puts Sheamus into the post and tries to do it into the steps but Sheamus counters and puts Christian into the steps.
- Sheamus grinds his boot into Christian's head on the steps. Christian tries to flee to the back but Sheamus catches him and goes for a power slam but Christian push him off the stage. Christian Tornado DDT to the floor! Both men down as we go to break.
- Back from break and Christian is beating on Sheamus with a kendo stick in the ring. Sheamus tries to fight out but Christian with a slam to stop the comeback. Christian goes up top with the kendo stick and Sheamus punches his gut in mid air.
- Sheamus with a couple of slams that nets him a two count and then he goes for the forearm spot but Christian counters and uses the rope for a neckbreaker. Tug of war for the kendo stick that Sheamus wins and he goes to town on Christian with the weapon before hitting a White Noise for two.
- They tumble to the outside and Sheamus puts Christian into the post and then goes for the Irish Curse back breaker off the steel steps. Sheamus tosses Chrisitan and some chairs into the ring. He looks at the drum set at ring side and gets the bass drum to set up in the corner.
- Christian recovers and lays out Sheamus with a slam. Christian lays the chairs on top of Sheamus and hits a splash off the top rope that gets him a two count. Christian gets a hold of the bass drum but Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick through the drum for the win!
Lana is out and she introduces Rusev in Russian and then English.
Rusev comes out and stand on his podium and speaks some Bulgarian.
Wyatt video promo and he accepts Cena's challenge.
Daniel Bryan and Big Show vs Randy Orton and Batista
Result: Bryan and Show win by pinfall
- Bryan and Orton start things off. Bryan with some kicks and he sends Orton to the outside and we go to break. Well that was quick.
- Back from break and Bryan is kicking Batista, but Bastista quickly turns it around and spears Bryan in the corner a few times. He follows up by grinding his shin into Bryan's throat and then tags in Orton.
- Orton and Bryan trade headbutts and punches to the gut. Bryan with an uppercut but Orton hits a scoop slam and some stomps before tagging in Batista.
- Batista suplex and some ground and pound. A couple of more slam before he tags back in Orton. Orton with some knee drops but Bryan dodges the third one and they both make the tag.
- Big Show lays out Batista with some clotheslines, a splash in the corner, and a sidewalk slam. Batista gets the tag and Orton goes to work. He takes out Show's knee and lays into him with some stomps.
- Show gets the tag to Bryan who lays out Orton with a running dropkick. Series of kicks and he goes up top but Orton dodges the headbutt. Orton tries for the pin but Bryan counters into the Yes! Lock. Batista breaks it up so Show lays him out with a big boot and Orton RKOs Show.
- Orton and Bryan in a dog fight now as they are trading blows back and forth. Bryan with the flying knee for the win!