Our CSS staff of learned wrestling blow hards is here to help figure out just how the event is going to play out with predictions for each match on the Bound For Glory 2012 card.
TNA returns live on pay-per-view (PPV) tomorrow night (Sun., Oct. 14, 2012) from the Grand Canyon University Arena in Phoenix, Arizona, with Bound For Glory 2012. TNA Impact Wrestling will also be offering the event online at TNAOnDemand.com as well as showing it in select theaters nationwide.
Spike TV will start the evening off with a new free one-hour special, Countdown to Bound For Glory at 7PM ET/4PM PT that will "provide an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at TNA's biggest and most star-studded event of the year" in honor of its ten year anniversary before rolling right into the PPV at 8PM ET/5PM PT.
And apparently we don't wanna miss this one as Dixie has told us, "History will be made #TNABFG".
According to TNA, this weekend they are "continuing the celebration of ten years of Total Nonstop Action... with the biggest weekend of the year for the superstars of IMPACT WRESTLING. The weekend features expanded activities in the Phoenix area, including a special "Bound For Glory Fan InterAction" and the inaugural annual TNA Hall of Fame induction. As announced at "Slammiversary" in June, the first-ever inductee is "The Icon" Sting." Doors will open in Phoenix tomorrow at 3:30PM MST.
The show includes a main event of Austin Aries defending his World Heavyweight Championship against "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy.
Next in the line-up they bring us the Aces & Eights vs. Team TNA ("The Icon" Sting & Bully Ray).
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez will be the World Tag Team Championship match on the card.
This will be followed up with a Street Fight featuring Bobby Roode vs "Cowboy" James Storm. Don't forget this has the added element of the Special Referee in King Mo Lawal.
We can also anticipate Magnus vs Samoa Joe for the Television Championship, Miss Tessmacher defending the Knockouts Championship against Tara, and Zema Ion defending the X Division Title against Rob Van Dam, and don't forget we also get Al Snow vs Joey Ryan too.
Luckily for you Cagesiders, our staff of learned wrestling blow hards is here to help figure out just how the event is going to play out with predictions for each match on the card.
Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy
- The General: It makes the most sense to put the belt on Hardy. He's the most popular star in the promotion and they're trying to make him happy so he doesn't go running back to WWE when his contract comes up early next year. Pick: Jeff Hardy
- Nolan the Colon: This is a risky pick, considering Hardy's contract situation. Do you put the belt on a guy to keep him happy to MAYBE keep him around? Well, it is TNA. Pick: Jeff Hardy.
- Cena John Bradford: As stupid as it might be, I truly believe that TNA is going to give Jeff Hardy the belt. I absolutely love what Austin Aries has been doing, but I don't think he's clicked with enough of the audience. So Hardy will pick up the strap, and we will have an "Alluring Conundrum" as TNA World Heavyweight Champion. It's a shame that Aries isn't being given true chance to shine, but such is life in TNA. Hardy gets the pinfall, and the show closes with a new champion. Pick: Jeff Hardy
- Hollywood Wallace: If both guys are at 100% then this is a toss up, so I'm going to play the odds that Hardy might not come in focused and ready to fight. Aries retains the strap by pinfall. Pick: Austin Aries
Aces & 8s vs Team TNA (Sting and Bully Ray)
- The General: Well, the invasion angle dies if Aces and 8s loses here, so that's not going to happen. It's far more likely Ray will reveal himself as the inside man before the leader of the group is teased but not exposed until Impact on Thursday. Pick: Aces and 8s
- Nolan the Colon: There will be a huge swerve here that will likely hurt my soul as a wrestling fan. Of course, all swerves go in favor of the Sons of Anarchy ripoff. Pick: Aces and 8s
- Cena John Bradford: We all know that Aces and 8s will pick up the win and remain a nuisance in TNA; what we don't know is how exactly it will go down. There will be shenanigans, there will be interference, and there will most definitely be a mole within the Impact Wrestling roster. The specifics, though, are still up in the air. Hopefully this is the night when everything is finally revealed, and we don't have to go through another 2-3 months of pointless brawling and random kidnappings. Pick: Aces and 8s
- Hollywood Wallace:
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez
- The General: The only reason to book a title change here is to have a title change hands at a major show, which is possible but dumb. Daniels and Kaz are good together, no reason to end the run now. Pick: TWTTCOTW
- Nolan the Colon: No reason to think the team that is on fire will lose here. Pick: TWTTCOTW
- Cena John Bradford: I have absolutely no clue what will happen with this match. On one hand, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian have been amazing world tag team champions (of the world) and I'm not sure it would make too much sense to take the straps away from them. On the other hand, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles have just been meandering in the midcard and a title run would help both of them. But on the third hand, Chavo Guerrero has just debuted and hasn't really been utilized yet. Again, I have no idea. So let's just say Daniels and Kazarian retain via DQ. Pick: TWTTCOTW
- Hollywood Wallace: Guerrero and SuperMex have all the makings of being the best team in the world this side of Hell No. Daniels/Kazarian are soft and Angle/Styles aren't a cohesive unit. Chavo and Hernandez by pinfall. Pick: Guerrero and Hernandez
Bobby Roode vs. "Cowboy" James Storm w/Special Referee: King Mo
- The General: I mean, they have to get Storm his win back here, right? As bad as this has been botched over the past few months, they're not going to kill the payoff, right? My only fear is King Mo will turn heel after one week on television as a babyface and he'll help Roode win again. How very lame that would be. I'll assume they don't do it, though, not yet. Pick: James Storm
- Nolan the Colon: I love Bobby Roode. However, it seems like going against Storm here is not the right pick. Pick: James Storm
- Cena John Bradford: Storm winning is the most logical conclusion to the yearlong feud between him and Bobby Roode. King Mo is certain to get a few punches in, but hopefully TNA is smart and not let the MMA "star" overshadow the entire match. Storm gets the pin, Roode gets his comeuppance, and this angle fades into the dark. Pick: James Storm.
- Hollywood Wallace: "The Cowboy" has waited a year to get Roode on the big stage. He's got his former Beer Money teammate right where he wants him. Storm by pinfall. Pick: James Storm
Magnus vs. Samoa Joe
- The General: I like Magnus and think he has real potential but this wasn't built up and means little right now. Pick: Samoa Joe
- Nolan the Colon: Joe just won the belt and I think TNA wants to keep him kind of relevant as a backup plan. Pick: Samoa Joe
- Cena John Bradford: What the hell is a Magnus and why is it in a match with Samoa Joe? "The Samoan Submission Machine" retains via -- you guessed it -- submission, and we forget this match ever happened. Pick: Samoa Joe
- Hollywood Wallace: Joe has toiled for years in a thankless role for TNA. As TV Champion he finally has a platform on which to shine. I say he takes the ball and runs with it. Samoa Joe by submission. Pick: Samoa Joe
Miss Tessmacher (champion) vs. Tara
- The General: Just don't see a title change happening here. Pick: Miss Tessmacher
- Nolan the Colon: Uh...I guess Tessmacher? Pick: Miss Tessmacher
- Cena John Bradford: It's time for Tara to finally get revenge on her former protégé, Miss Tessmacher, and then party with her unnamed Hollywood boyfriend. Maybe I'm weird, but I'm far more interested in who Tara is dating than anything to do with Aces and Eights. Pick: Tara
- Hollywood Wallace: If Tessmacher works half as hard as her uniform tops, then she takes this with ease. Tessmacher by pinfall. Pick: Miss Tessmacher
Zema Ion (champion) vs. Rob Van Dam
- The General: Another thrown together match to get guys on the card. Having Ion drop the title before Sorensen can come back and get his revenge would be dumb, so expect it. I won't pick that way, though. Pick: Zema Ion
- Nolan the Colon: RVD seems to like jobbing lately, so let's follow the trend: Pick: Zema Ion
- Cena John Bradford: The rule of thumb for TNA is a) the stupidest storyline will always win and b) Rob Van Dam will always win. Both of these things point to RVD becoming the new X Division Champion. Yet I'm still picking Zema Ion to retain. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but I cannot imagine TNA screwing this up that badly. They just can't. Right? Pick: Zema Ion
- Hollywood Wallace: Van Dam is an all time great and I have no problem giving him the title shot based on his credentials alone. But that doesn't mean he can beat a guy who's on a big roll right now. Zema Ion by pinfall. Pick: Zema Ion
Al Snow vs Joey Ryan
- The General: Legalize sleaze, baby. Pick: Joey Ryan
- Nolan the Colon: I think Snow will whip Ryan from pillar to post, but Ryan will have some sleazy tactics to pull out the victory. Pick: Joey Ryan
- Cena John Bradford: We are the 87%, and we will rise to glory. Joey Ryan will win in what may turn out to be a surprisingly good match. Pick: Joey Ryan
- Hollywood Wallace: I like Head as much as the next guy, but it's not 1998 and we are not in my Integra. Joey Ryan by pinfall. Pick: Joey Ryan
Those are our picks and predictions. What are yours?