Now that TNA has taken Impact on the road, the schedule calls for one live show immediately followed by a taping for the show set to air the very next week on Spike TV. Well, the promotion was live in Wichita Falls, Texas, last night (Aug. 1, 2013) with a mostly mediocre two hours (click here for the live blog and here for reactions) before taping next week's show.
Here are spoilers:
- The contract signing between Bully Ray and Chris Sabin saw Brooke Hogan come out and reveal that if Ray loses, he'll never receive another shot at the heavyweight championship. Where have we seen this done before?
- Jeff Hardy def. Samoa Joe in a Bound for Glory Series match.
- Mr. Anderson def. Magnus in a Bound for Glory Series match. Bobby Roode came out and hit Anderson with a chair, causing Magnus to lose by disqualification. Gamesmanship! Gotta catch up in points somehow, right?
- Tito Ortiz does cut a promo, if you can believe it, but, no different than Rampage Jackson before him, he's interrupted by Kurt Angle. It doesn't really go anywhere, with Angle saying he respects him and Bully Ray coming down to say he doesn't respect either of them.
- James Storm, Gunner & ODB def. Bro Mans & Mickie James. Gail Kim went after ODB after the match and Mickie followed suit, so we could be getting a James vs. ODB program.
- Christopher Daniels vs. Kazarian went to a double count out. You can guess why. The truly amazing part, however, is Bobby Roode came down and apparently formed a new stable with Bad Influence.
- Chris Sabin and Kurt Angle teamed up to defeat Team 3D. There's a swerve where Sabin was going to team with Sting but ended up teaming with Angle. The crowd hated this.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?