Now that TNA has taken Impact on tour, the schedule calls for one live show immediately followed by a taping for the show set to air the very next week on Spike TV. Well, the promotion was live in Tupelo, Mississippi, last night (May 9, 2013) with a mostly mediocre two hours (click here for the live blog and here for reactions) before taping next week's (May 16) show.
Here are spoilers (via ProWrestling.net):
- Jay Bradley def. Christian York. This was the match set up between Gut Check winners to ensure one of them would make his way into the Bound for Glory Series, which is back for its third run this year.
- Velvet Sky def. Gail Kim. As has been the case for the past few weeks, Kim loses and immediately lays her opponent out before locking on the Figure Four on the ring post. And, as usual, ODB is the one who breaks it all up.
- Hulk Hogan in ring called for Abyss to come out but got Joseph Park instead, so that storyline is definitely continuing until its conclusion, whenever and whatever that may be. Aces and 8s interrupted, of course, and Park vs. D-Lo Brown was booked for later in the evening. So he's still with the crew.
- Kenny King def. Chris Sabin and Petey Williams to retain the X Division title. All the build they've been doing for Sabin should be saved to switch the belt on PPV, so this makes sense.
- Hernandez def. Christopher Daniels. A shoulder block apparently gets the pin and that's just embarrassing.
- Joseph Park def. D-Lo Brown after getting bloody, seeing it, and snapping. Not sure why the story is moving so slow, but it's obviously getting there.
- A contract signing between Bully Ray and Sting was held where they added a couple stipulations to the match: Sting wanted No Holds Barred and Ray only agreed if Sting would agree that he wouldn't ever get another shot at the heavyweight title if he loses. All parties signed on the dotted line and then Sting took out Ray.
That's the show, sans pre-tapes and backstage segments and what not. How's it look to you, Cagesiders?