Now that TNA is no longer on tour and doing its damnedest to save money wherever it can, multiple tapings have been held for upcoming episodes of Impact, not to mention Final Resolution, on Spike TV. And while the taping has featured a jumbled line-up purposely done out of order to avoid major spoilers getting leaked, well, that happened anyway.
Here's what went down at the Dec. 3 taping:
- Bobby Roode def. Kurt Angle in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match, heeling the whole way, including for the finish.
- ODB & Madison Rayne def. Gail Kim & Lei'D Tapa. Later, Tapa would defeat ODB in a singles match.
- Joseph Park is forced to wrestle Bad Influence in a Monster's Ball match. He acts scared of it but Eric Young is there to help him out by giving a few gifts for the holidays, all hardcore gimmicks for the match. Later, he was his usual timid self in the match until he got some color and turned into Abyss.
- Eric Young would later wrestle and lose a match to Zema Ion.
- Brooke Tessmacher and Bully Ray apparently broke up after Brooke tried to make up with Bully for the break up of Aces and 8s but he wanted no part of it. She called him fat and old, he said he was using her for her good looks while she still has them.
- Multiple promos for the Jeff Hardy vs. Magnus world heavyweight title tournament final. Magnus brought up Hardy selling out all his fans in the past. Hardy would later say that while he let the fans down in the past, it wouldn't happen again. Dixie Carter said some fans abandoned him but she never would.
- Magnus def. Hardy in the eventual Dixieland match. The gimmick in a Dixieland match is that it starts inside a steel cage but the winner has to not only escape but go back up the entrance aisle and climb a ladder to retrieve the belt hanging from the ceiling. Yes, that's actually what this is match is, folks. Anyway, Hardy was about to win but Rockstar Spud, Dixie's assistant, came out to push the ladder down. So Dixie is after Hardy now.
There you have it, Cagesiders. Again, all of this could air at various points over the next month or so. The heavyweight tournament final was taped for Final Resolution but other than that, it's all up in the air.