TNA is on its annual tour of the United Kingdom and has taped multiple episodes of Impact Wrestling. Get complete spoilers here for the episodes set to air on Jan. 31 and Feb. 7, respectively.
TNA has once again invaded the United Kingdom on its annual trip overseas and the promotion has now taped multiple episodes of Impact Wrestling that will air on Spike TV on Jan. 31 and Feb. 7, respectively.
WrestlingObserver.com has spoilers from both shows and here are the big happenings.
January 31 Impact
- Kurt Angle def. Mr. Anderson in the steel cage match they promoted last week. Angle was accompanied to the ring by Wes Briscoe wearing a suit. Once Angle made Anderson tap to the Ankle Lock, a masked member of Aces and 8s climbed the cage and took his mask off and Garrett Bischoff finally turned. Briscoe then used a key to get into the cage and he also revealed himself to be Aces and 8s. Anderson recovered and the three beat down a shocked Angle.
- Only one mention of Jeff Hardy, who was originally advertised for the tour but pulled at the last minute. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian joked that he was ill from all the face paint he wears.
- Magnus made his return on the show to a monster pop thanks to the locale. He took out Bad Influence before challenging Devon to a match that ended in disqualification after a run-in from Aces and 8s.
- Joseph Park, who is apparently insanely over in the U.K., had his next match against Robbie E because Robbie interrupted him and crapped all over him in a promo leading to a squash match. So Park has his first legitimate win as a real wrestler. Good for him.
- After Bobby Roode beat Hernandez last week with help from Austin Aries, they did the natural flip side of that by having Aries beat Chavo Guerrero with help from Roode. Same arguing about who deserved credit too.
- Bully Ray, Brooke Hogan and Sting lobbied Hulk Hogan for Bully's reinstatement and it finally happened here. Crowd was apparently as hot as could be for all this. 88-years-old and still popping crowds, BROTHER!
- James Storm and Velvet Sky def. Tara and Jesse in a mixed tag match.
- Rob Van Dam def. Kenny King and Zema Ion to retain the X Division title. Who knows where the hell they're going with this program.
February 7 Impact
- Aries and Roode def. Guerrero and Hernandez for the tag team titles with the crowd firmly behind their victory. Long match that stole the show, apparently.
- James Storm def. Jesse in a squash match. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
- Another explanation promo from the new Aces and 8s members, Briscoe and Bischoff. In short, both are disgruntled at their treatment at the hands of Hulk Hogan and the rest of TNA, not feeling like they were given the right opportunities. So they're getting them from the "higher power" or whatever. Yeah.
- Miss Tessmacher def. Tara but the Knockouts title wasn't on the line.
- Sting and Bully Ray def. Doc and Devon in a tables match. Ray used Hogan's "Hulk up" bit and wore Sting's facepaint, acting like a big enough babyface that apparently some thought he would turn here but that didn't happen. With how hot the crowd apparently was, it sounds like this all came across fantastic.
For a much more detailed explanation on all this click here.
There you have it, Cagesiders. How do the shows sound to you?