For the ninth year in a row, Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Impact Wrestling returns with its Turning Point 2012 event TONIGHT (Sun., Nov. 11, 2012), from the Impact Wrestling Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, at 8 p.m. ET, live on pay-per-view (PPV). TNA will also be offering the event online at TNAOnDemand.com.
According to TNA, the three-hour epic event will feature:
"All of your favorite IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars - including Hulk Hogan, Sting, Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Rob Van Dam, James Storm and many more!"
Tonight's show will feature a Ladder match pitting Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Austin Aries for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, and A.J. Styles vs. James Storm vs. Bobby Roode in a 3-Way match to determine the #1 contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, the wrestler who gets pinned will not receive another TNA World Heavyweight Championship title shot until Bound for Glory 2013. All that and more!
Luckily for you Cagesiders, our staff of learned wrestling blow hards is here once again to help you figure out just how the event is going to play out with our predictions for each match on the Turning Point card.
TNA TURNING POINT 2012 MATCH CARD:
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Austin Aries
- TNA #1 Contender's Match: A.J. Styles vs. James Storm vs. Bobby Roode
- TNA World Tag Team Championship: Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez (c) vs. The World Tag Team Champions of the World (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian)
- TNA No DQ Television Championship: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Magnus
- TNA X Division Championship: Rob Van Dam (RVD) (c) vs. Joey Ryan
- TNA Mixed Tag Team Match: Tara and Jesse vs. ODB and Eric Young
- TNA Singles Match: Devon vs. Kurt Angle
- TNA Singles Match: DOC vs. Joseph Park
CSS STAFF PREDICTIONS:
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Austin Aries
- The General: It makes the most sense to keep the belt on Hardy. He's the most popular star in the promotion and they're trying to make him happy so he doesn't go running back to WWE when his contract comes up early next year. Pick: Jeff Hardy
- Nolan The Colon: It seems to be academic that Jeff Hardy will be carrying his rainbow vomit belt home. Pick: Hardy.
- Cena John Bradford: Austin Aries may be "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived," but Jeff Hardy is "The Greatest Spot-Monkey in the Biz." I don't see TNA letting Hardy climb up the ladder only to tip it out from under him. His championship reign will continue. Pick: Jeff Hardy
- Hollywood Wallace: Much respect to Aries, but I think this is finally Hardy's time to carry a promotion.Pick: Jeff Hardy
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: I am gonna have to go with the majority here and say Hardy will easily defeat Aries. I am however in the minority, in so much as I love his belt, it is not the same old same old and it really suits his character. I will enjoy seeing the Art School Dropout do some ladder acrobatics and snatch the victory here. Pick: Hardy
A.J. Styles vs. James Storm vs. Bobby Roode
- The General: I've said it before and I'll say it again, they have to give Storm the win here, right? As bad as this has been botched over the past few months, they're not going to kill the payoff again, right? Pick: James Storm
- Nolan The Colon: AJ Styles has no dog in this fight. He is flying eye candy to the heated rivalry between Storm and Roode. Given past history, it seems like Storm would have the upperhand here, constantly beating Roode. However, a sneaking suspicion tells me that they won't want two of their biggest babyfaces going at it. Pick: Roode
- Cena John Bradford: Bobby Roode won last Thursday (Nov. 8) against AJ Styles, so he's out. I'm going to predict Storm gets the pin because it would be very odd to keep him away from the title for so long. But I would not be shocked if AJ Styles turns heel and wins just because it's such a TNA thing to do. Pick: James Storm
- Hollywood Wallace: AJ Styles Integrating Styles into this the Roode/Storm rivalry is very intriguing. Anyway you slice it, these are 3 of the best in the game today. Pick: Bobby Roode
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: Wow. The guys are split 50/50 on this one, leaving me to be the tiebreaker and I am kinda on the fence here myself. I am gonna have to rely on my female instinct and go with Roode here. Honestly, it is because I feel TNA has been marketing him for a push. I could be wrong, I guess we will see tonight, but it is likely a safe guess to side with Nolan and Hollywood over C.J. any day, am I right? Sorry, General. Pick: Roode
Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez (c) vs. The World Tag Team Champions of the World (Christopher Daniels & Kazarian)
- The General: Déjà vu all over this card. Daniels and Kaz are still good together, no reason not to give them the win this time. Pick: TWTTCOTW (Daniels & Kazarian)
- Nolan The Colon: I'll go against any logic to go for Kaz and Daniels and go against Chavo Guerrero. Pick: TWTTCOTW (Daniels & Kazarian)
- Cena John Bradford: TNA looks to be real high on Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez, and the promotion is getting better about not hotshotting titles left and right. I believe the champions will retain. Pick: Guerrero and Hernandez
- Hollywood Wallace: Both of these tag teams would fit in with the reinvigorated WWE tag team division. I think our neighbors to the south still have more to give. Pick: Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: Looky here, the guys are split again! I have historically been a huge fan of tag team divisions but have not gotten overly attached to either of these TNA tag teams. I intend to annoy wrestling fans everywhere and be random on this one. I am going for the Latino dudes, as I have a soft spot for them, my lovely babies. Pick: Guerrero y Hernández, por la victoria!
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Magnus
- The General: I like Magnus and think he has real potential, but once again, this wasn't built up enough yet and continues to mean little right now. Pick: Samoa Joe
- Nolan The Colon: No DQ means Joe's gonna kill you. Pick: Joe
- Cena John Bradford: What the hell is a Magnus and why is it in a match with Samoa Joe? "The Samoan Submission Machine" retains via -- you guessed it -- submission, and we forget this match ever happened. Hmmm...déjà vu... Pick: Samoa Joe
- Hollywood Wallace: Joe is on a different level. Pick: Samoa Joe
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: It's gonna be five for five in the picks on this one, folks. Even I know Joe has this one. Pick: The Samoan
Rob Van Dam (RVD) (c) vs. Joey Ryan
- The General: Another thrown together match to get guys on the card. That said, Van Dam was always a transitional champion and Ryan has real potential to be something special. Give him the belt and let him run with it. "Legalize sleaze, baby." Pick: Joey Ryan
- Nolan The Colon: Ryan is the future. RVD is...well, he's RVD. Pick: Ryan
- Cena John Bradford: It should generally be frowned upon for someone to win a title only to lose it at the next PPV; that being said, there is no reason for Rob Van Dam to hold onto the X-Division Championship. We will have a new champion, and the 87% will rejoice. Pick: Joey Ryan
- Hollywood Wallace: Van Dam is putting it all together in the X Division. I wouldn't want to be in his way right now. Pick: Rob Van Dam
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: Well, it seems Hollywood stands alone on this one, until now that is, I concur that RVD is in unstoppable mode right now and the timing is right in the X Division for him to secure the win over TNA's resident D-bag. Pick: RVD
Tara & Jesse vs. ODB & Eric Young
- The General: Meh. Pick: ODB and Eric Young
- Nolan The Colon: Eric Young and ODB will break up after this. Pick: Jesse/Tara
- Cena John Bradford: The mere fact that Eric Young hasn't appeared on consecutive Impact Wrestling episodes in months should tell you everything you need to know. Tara and Jesse Godderz are H-O-T hot, hot, hot, and TNA needs to ride them for all they're worth. Pick: Tara and Jesse
- Hollywood Wallace: Love triumphs over all. Pick: ODB and Eric Young
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: Man, what is it with all these tiebreakers I am stuck with this week? The guys just can't seem to agree here. As much as I hate to agree with Cena John Bradford, I too am on the Jesse/Tara bandwagon and think TNA is not so lousy as to completely ignore how over this hot couple is right now. Pick: Tara & Jesse
Devon vs. Kurt Angle
- The General: Well, the invasion angle is dying a long slow death if Devon loses here, so that's not going to happen. Expect Wes Briscoe to reveal himself a traitor. Pick: Devon
- Nolan The Colon: Angle will probably win this by DQ... if his knees don't go out and they have to change the finish. Pick: Angle
- Cena John Bradford: If this doesn't end in some type of brawl and a no-contest, then I just don't know TNA like I think I do. For the purposes of predictions, though, I'll go with the Sergeant at Arms. Pick: Devon.
- Hollywood Wallace: In a vacuum, Angle has an edge over anyone on this planet, but I think Devon has some tricks up his sleeve here. Pick: Devon
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: Well, the majority are going with Devon, and that makes total sense to me for many reasons, but I dunno, Angle is Angle, and like Hollywood said, he really ought to have the edge here. But TNA being TNA, the safe prediction for this lady is Devon, sorry to say. Pick: Devon
TNA Singles Match: DOC vs. Joseph Park
- The General: If I know TNA, then no way is this going to Park. Pick: DOC
- Nolan The Colon: DOC vs. Joseph Park: Why? Pick: Park
- Cena John Bradford: Now is the time we finally see Joseph Park reach his breaking point and unleash his dark side. The Director of Chaos has nothing on the monster Abyss. Pick: Joseph Park
- Hollywood Wallace: I think there's more to Joseph Park than meets the eye. I think he has what it takes to win here, despite chicanery by Aces and 8's. Pick: Joseph Park
- J.M. "Cr8vly" Williams: Well, well, well, now we have a solid majority in three to one on this match from the guys' predictions. I love to go along with the majority so as not to look entirely stupid in this post, but on this one I am gonna have to go with the General. I really don't see Park being granted a win tonight, just don't, at all. And I am totally cool with that. Pick: DOC
Those are our picks and predictions, Cagesiders. What are yours?