Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Like his Canadian brother from another mother, Christian, Kofi Kingston can't seem to catch a break no matter how hard he tries. It appears that the Wildcat (he's been called that before, look it up!) hurt himself during his match on Superstars against Titus O'Neil, and was seen limping away from the ring after the match. While it's unclear how serious it is, the injury couldn't have come at a worst time considering his performance during the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal likely had him in line for some sort of push.
- After a long and storied run on ION television, the permanent transition to the WWE Network for Main Event appears like it will become official after the last episode airs on ION this Wednesday.
- It looks like the WWE may have made a mistake -- okay, they definitely did -- on the date for WrestleMania 31 during the commercial for it shown at WrestleMania XXX. So, remember to mark your calendars for March 29, 2015 and NOT March 25shown in the video, which is a Wednesday.
- Speaking of WrestleMania XXX, it appears WWE filmed a ton of footage while on location in New Orleans that will be showing up on the Network and, presumably, regular WWE programming going forward.
- While not really "rumors", if you missed last night's Raw, you also missed the debut of vignettes for former NXT champion Bo Dallas and former "Leo Kruger" Adam Rose. They were exactly as wonderful you'd assume they would be if you've seen either character on NXT.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.