Happy Super Bowl Day, Cagesiders! I know we have some fans on the site, so we have to talk a little football. Don't worry, though, we're tying it in with wrestling as such: If you could build a football team made up only of wrestlers, who would you choose?
So here's what I need from you guys:
1) You can use any currently active wrestler to put your team together.
2) To simplify things, let's just stick to filling out the offense. If you want to show off, go ahead and fill out a defense as well.
3) Put your actual Super Bowl 48 prediction in the comments as well: Seattle Seahawks or Denver Broncos?
I'll throw my team out there to start:
- Quarterback - John Cena - Veteran, tough, vocal leader that inspires the team.
- Running Back - Daniel Bryan - Fearless and quick.
- Full Back - Big E Langston - Originally had Roman Reigns, but Big E as a FB would be awesome.
- Wide Receiver - Randy Orton - I like having a taller option here.
- Wide Receiver - Kofi Kingston - Fast as hell.
- Tight End - Jack Swagger - Has height, strength, and speed.
- Offensive Line (Pick 5) - Sheamus, Big Show, Roman Reigns (almost went with Luke Harper) , Brock Lesnar, Brodus Clay; Tried to get the biggest dudes on the roster out there, minus Great Khali.
I'm picking the Broncos, because I'm a 49ers fan and will not root for a divisional rival.
Okay, Cagesiders, what are your teams?