In pro wrestling, the rumors flow more freely than legitimate news. This comes with the territory and makes reporting on the industry exceedingly difficult. With that in mind, let's round up the latest rumors.
Rumors float and pro wrestling fans like yourself typically find them interesting, so instead of asking you to click into a thousand different posts with two lines and calling it a story, we're just going to pass along all the latest rumors in this here column we're simply calling the "Rumor Round-Up."
Remember: None of this is confirmed as legitimate news or fact, so take it all with a grain of salt.
Let's get to 'em:
- As of now, the plan is still for Undertaker to work with CM Punk at WrestleMania 29 and that could include "The Deadman" playing a part in Punk's match with The Rock at Royal Rumble later this month.
- There was talk of doing the Rumble match before the WWE championship match between Punk and Rock but it depends on the future direction they take. A big idea being kicked around is for Rock to win the title and have the Rumble match come after so John Cena can win and they can stare down to end the show. If they go with someone like Sheamus or Randy Orton winning the Rumble the match likely goes on before Punk-Rock.
- The Rock is working a match at Elimination Chamber, probably defending his title in a Chamber match.
- WWE is going to be dropping something big on Jan. 7 because they know they need to do something in hopes of popping a decent rating against the BCS National Championship game. That could include a big interaction between Rock and Ryback, though I have no clue what that would be.
- Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Stone Cold Steve Austin are the big names being thrown around as returning on the 20th Anniversary episode of Monday Night Raw on Jan. 14 but it's possible none of the three actually make it. It's in Houston, so all would be able to get there no problem but it's hard to know what role they could play in the lead-up to WrestleMania. Undertaker would obviously be doing something with Punk but after everything Austin has done to build a feud with him, how would that work? And Triple H is off television for now and likely until February, so what is Michaels going to do? Lot of questions for this show. Expect all the usual "big returns" like Vader, Sid, and names like that.
- The first Hall of Fame inductee will likely be announced on the 20th Anniversary show and it's almost certainly going to be Mick Foley.
- Brock Lesnar's return is scheduled for late February. How they plan on building towards the rematch with Triple H is a complete mystery.
- Sheamus vs. Randy Orton is still planned for 'Mania. Big Show is likely headed for a match with Ryback, where he'll be asked to put "Big Hungry" over in a big way.
- The reason The Shield is having ongoing issues with Daniel Bryan and Kane is because they'll likely be matched up at 'Mania. It's also a strong possibility they'll win the tag titles before then.
- The Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho Twitter war was a work but WWE snuffed it out because Jericho isn't currently scheduled to do anything with the company right now. It looks likely he'll miss out on WrestleMania this year.
- Jim Cornette is done in the pro wrestling business.
- A lot of X Division wrestlers are going to be brought in by TNA, like the Young Bucks and Brian Cage.
- Not sure what to think of this but the word is Bound for Glory later this year will be Sting's final match.
That's it for this week. Free free to pass along anything else you may have heard in the comments section below and discuss away. Just remember, these are just rumors. Have fun with them.