It seems fitting to bring this column back now after all the discussion on the site recently regarding reporting in this industry.
Rumors float and pro wrestling fans like yourself typically find them interesting, so instead of asking you to click into a thousand different posts with two lines and calling it a story, we're just going to pass along all the latest rumors in this new column we're simply calling the "Rumor Round-Up."
Remember: None of this is confirmed as legitimate news or fact, so take it all with a grain of salt.
Let's get to 'em:
- Undertaker is working WrestleMania 29 and right now the leading candidate to be his opponent is CM Punk. It's not hard to believe this rumor because process of elimination reveals these two as the biggest stars remaining on the show without opponents.
- That's because The Rock vs. John Cena is all but a lock at this point. It's also all but a lock that Rock will win the WWE championship so he can lose it to Cena at WrestleMania. The idea will also be to have Rock give Cena a big endorsement on the way out, because Cena will have to stick around as the babyface champion to carry the company while Rock goes back to Hollywood and occasional appearances down the road.
- That also means Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H is also all but a lock. Can't wait to see Triple H on TV with the new short hair, which he still claims was done because he was tired of the ponytail in his new life working as an executive instead of an on-air talent.
- There's also talk that this will be Triple H's final match, though I wouldn't believe that one. I don't think he loses to Brock either, which could indicate Lesnar will be getting another contract. Nothing new on that front, by the way.
- Another WrestleMania 29 rumor is that talk internally at WWE is to have Ryback work a match with Big Show. Why? To get him his "WrestleMania moment" when he hoists Show up on his shoulders for the Shell Shock finish. I'm not sold on this idea at all but Show won't have the world heavyweight championship by the time 'Mania rolls around and they'll both need something to do. I'm definitely down for the HOSS FIGHT, though.
- Last WrestleMania 29 rumor: Sheamus vs. Randy Orton for the world title after an Orton heel turn, winner loses the belt to Dolph Ziggler who finally cashes in the Money in the Bank contract.
- There have been rumors floating of AJ Lee turning heel on John Cena before their program is up but the latest is not to expect that. There was an idea of AJ joining up with Dolph Ziggler but there's still hope of pairing him with Ric Flair once he comes in.
- Speaking of which, that could be happening soon. Whoooo!
- Good news for all you Dean Ambrose lovers out there. WWE apparently loved the job he did on the interview on Monday Night Raw this past week. His promo style is unique. His delivery might actually be the most unique in pro wrestling right now.
- Believe it or not, some are saying the Raw Active poll with Daniel Bryan and Kane that Kane won with some 60-percent of the vote was actually legitimate. This despite the various rumors/reports that most -- if not all -- of the polls are being worked. The link Bryan provided on Twitter was definitely unreliable and made to skew results to work an angle.
- You will never see Mick Foley wrestle another match again.
- A Brooke Hogan heel turn might be coming. And yes, it might be for a program on screen against her dad. No, it won't lead to a match between the two a la Vince and Stephanie McMahon back in 2003.
There you have it, Cagesiders. Feel free to post your thoughts on all these rumors -- and remember, they're just that right now -- in the comments section below.