Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- CM Punk's contract with WWE apparently comes up on July 17 and, according to PW Insider, it isn't believed WWE has had much, if any, contact with him since February. For those who pay attention to such things, July 17 appears to be the day to check the WWE roster page to see if he's still listed.
- As of right now, it appears the Sting tweet about July 14, which is next Monday night when WWE is in Virginia for Raw, is not related to WWE.
- It's possible WWE has Sheamus win the Intercontinental championship battle royal at Battleground on July 20 but the idea of unifying that title with the U.S. belt is not currently on the table at this time, though that may change. It was under consideration earlier this year but the idea was abruptly dropped.
- Jack Swagger hasn't appeared on WWE programming in Canada due to his legal troubles in the U.S. Zeb Colter hasn't appeared in his place because WWE doesn't want him getting booed so soon after they turned babyface to oppose Rusev and Lana.
- It would seem The Miz getting a letter from "Johnny Russo" was, in fact, a rib on Vince Russo.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.