Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It now appears the Stephanie McMahon-Brie Bella program will actually culminate in a match between the two at SummerSlam on Aug. 17 in Los Angeles. As it stands now, the creative will be, quite simply, that if Brie wins she'll get her job back.
- Because WWE wants to entice as many subscribers to re-up when their six-month commitment to the WWE Network runs out in September, Night of Champions is going to be pushed hard as a major event. Based on when they rolled it out, it appears this will be an every year thing.
- Night of Champions this year will now feature the Triple H vs. Roman Reigns match that was originally slated for SummerSlam. Instead, Reigns will face Randy Orton at that show before moving on to the boss. Brock Lesnar will also be appearing on the show, likely in defense of the WWE world heavyweight title.
- By the way, Lesnar vs. Reigns for the title just may end up being the main event of WrestleMania 31, assuming everything breaks the right way.
- Regarding Emma, multiple sites are actually reporting that internally WWE jumped the gun on releasing Emma and realized it would have a public relations nightmare if they fired her for a minor shoplifting offense while allowing talents like Jack Swagger and Cameron to stay on after they were both arrested for DWI and in the latter case, there were accusations of Cameron allegedly attempting to bribe the arresting officer. The hope is that now that she's back, the story will die down soon and all will return to normal.
- The WWE budget cuts are only going to get worse. More releases could be coming, although maybe not on the talent side, and you'll notice more and more changes to the product you see on TV and the Network. Notably, they've already done away with all pre and post shows outside of Raw. Sadly, this means no more awesome post-PPV press conferences.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.