Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- You may have noticed that the post-event "press conference" wasn't a feature of this past Sunday's Money in the Bank pay-per-view (PPV). The feature was apparently an example of production budget cuts as WWE continues to tighten its belt ahead of the next quarterly financial reports. The weekly Smackdown pre and post (Backstage Pass) shows will also be casualities of the same effort.
- Raw started to plant the seeds of The Authority's latest "Plan B" should John Cena not bow down and Kane & Randy Orton not takes the belts from him at Battleground. While the on-screen direction will seem to be pointing to Mr. Money in the Bank Seth Rollins being that contingency again, it will be revealed that the new "Plan B" is Bah-rock Lez-ner. This is said to be how we'll get our SummerSlam main event. No word on if how that will effect Paul Heyman and Cesaro.
- While we're on the current, reigning WWE World Heavyweight Champion, word is that as soon as it was known that Daniel Bryan wouldn't be coming back in time to keep the titles on him, the call was made to give Cena his 15th world title run.
- And, to the shock of smarks everywhere - the leader of the Cenation is scheduled to turn heel! For a role in the The Nest, a new film starring Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. While Cena's role hasn't been revealed, it is a villain role, with reports playing up that it's his first time playing a bad guy in movies or wrestling (they must not have been watching Smackdown in 03-04). The Saturday Night Live comediennes will play sisters who throw one last party at the house they grew up in before their parents sell it. Given that, I'd cast Jern as the d-bag high school jock who never outgrew high school. But that's just me.
- Santino Marella has been telling the media that his in-ring career is winding down. Sunnamagun!
- Zack Ryder was
whiningcommenting on Twitter yesterday that shop.wwe.com has no items of his merchandise on sale.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.