Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's believed the Sting teaser for today will be a commercial released during Monday Night Raw. There may be a video online beforehand but the big reveal will be during a commercial break for tonight's show. It looks like it is about WWE 2K15.
- Here's a CM Punk tweet from yesterday that may or may not reveal his future plans now that he's done with WWE this coming Thursday:
Starting a band, a podcast, and a fire. One of these is true. (Okay, two).— Coach (@CMPunk) July 13, 2014
- It looks like WWE has ceased its pursuit of Ronda Rousey, both because the UFC isn't on board with her appearing at SummerSlam and because there is no interest in "The Four Horsewomen" stable Rousey wanted to bring with her.
- Vince McMahon is pushing budget cuts so hard that it may affect traveling and catering backstage at events. No word on whether or not cutting back on catering will lead to the release of Zack Ryder, seeing as it would take away his one opponent.
- Someone noticed that TNA started following Josh Mathews on Twitter recently. This after he spent some time backstage at the NYC Impact tapings late last month. It's speculation for now but it appears the two sides may have come to an agreement.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.